Chapter Thirteen- Brothers

The rest of Eboni's day consisted of finding small little reading nooks in the castle as she took in as much knowledge as she could. She often saw Iasa and Bren wandering around the castles grounds, though it looked as though they were not helping much she didn't mind. They couldn't use their powers inside the castle in case anyone saw and Bren was useless at retaining facts learnt from books.

The next morning came quickly and after being woken by Aliana, she dressed in a long rose coloured cotton gown, with a matching red cloak- sneaking on a pair of sturdy looking leather boots, ignoring the dainty looking slippers that had been left out for her.

Meeting Bren in the hallway, who was dressed in simple trousers and a pale blue tunic they made their way down to the main hall together. Iasa was stood in front of the large double doors supervising the servants who were loading the last of their trunks onto a carriage. Eboni's trunk mainly consisted of the books and as many trousers and tunics she could find for herself- she didn't fancy walking into a Sher-woods wearing a dress.

They managed to ride through the city unnoticed as the carriage didn't have a coat of arms, allowing Eboni and Bren to get a long look at the areas of the city they had not yet traversed. It didn't escape her attention that Iasa seemed to be taking in the city too- Bren put a comforting hand on her shoulders and she seemed to relax more into the carriage.

"This will not be the last time you see your home Princess." Bren said softly, hoping to comfort her some more.

"I hope not." Iasa whispered before returning to silence while they watched the city pass by.

Orlan was waiting on the deck as they boarded the ship and after giving a signal to the waiting dock hands the ropes were untied and the ship was left to ride the gentle breeze out of the port.

"I have plotted our course to Sher-Woods, we should be there by mid-day tomorrow- The winds are in our favour." Grabbing the ropes that held up the main sails he and Bren both slowly unfurled them and true to his word they filled up with air, pushing the ship out of the port bay and into the ocean.

"Who are we hoping to find do you think?" Iasa asked taking a seat on the railing in front of the captain's wheel.

"I'm guessing we will find each other in the order the prophecy gives- that's what happened with us two."

"I have not yet heard this prophecy- will you tell it?" Orlan asked gently steering the ship starboard.

"Dawn begins as Fire rises, Joining with the spirit of light. This is when Darkness will come. That which holds the bond between brothers shall fall, bringing all Elements together. Spirit, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Darkness. One will fall." Eboni recounted the prophecy that had been etched into her brain since the High Priestess first told it to her.

"It doesn't really tell us anything does it." Iasa huffed scratching her head as she recounted it in her mind in case she missed something.

"No- but I guess when things happed we will know where we are in our journey. Dawn begins as Fire rises, Joining with the spirit of light. That was Iasa and Eboni at God's Land." Bren stated, joining Iasa on the railings.

"I'm more worried about the fact it doesn't say we will definitely defeat Darkness- It just says one will fall. That could be any of us." Iasa sighed leaning her head onto Bren's shoulder.

"That is why we must start preparing ourselves- properly. You must meditate and we must train. When we find the others, they must do the same. Being stronger than Darkness is the only way we will destroy it." Orlan said. "Talking of preparing- what is our plan for Sher- Woods?"