Chapter 20

I ran, and ran and ran. I ran as fast as I could. I ran until my lungs burned. I ran until I collapsed. I ran as far away from Michael Clifford as I could be. I had no idea where I was running to, but at the moment I didn't care. Sooner or later I fell to the ground. My hair was a mess, my face was wet with sweat and tears. My legs and lungs burned. I looked around to see where I was but all I saw was a field and trees. I pulled out my phone to see missed calls, texts and voice mails from Michael. I ignored everything and turned my phone off.

I just wanted to be alone for awhile. I wanted to cry and scream. I wanted to just break down and let everything out. I wanted someone to comfort me but I just ran away from the only person who was willing to do that.
He was my rock.

I would go to him for everything. Maybe I was overreacting. Maybe he was sorry. Maybe we just need some time away from each other. We've been with each other pretty much all day everyday.

He was just angry.

I probably just pushed him. He obviously was mad at Luke and I pushed him by talking to him. But that's exactly what pissed me off though. So what if I talked to Luke, I am my own person. All I wanted was an apology and explanation from Luke to take some stress off of my shoulders and it worked. But as soon as I lost some stress, I gained some.

I told him I'm falling for him.

He told me I was the cause of him being alive.

He wanted me to stay, but I left.

He is right.

All I do is cry. I cry about my shitty life. I cry about everything and anything.

But what hurt me the most was what he said about my parents. Hisparents. He knew how much it hurt me when I told him the story. He knew what happened at the cemetery. He was there for me but now he isn't. He said he is but is he here now?

Standing up from where I sat on the grass, I pulled out my phone. I turned it on. I ignored all of the all of the incoming notifications. I went to my contacts and tapped on Calum's name.

"Scarlett! Are you fucking c-"

I hung up the phone. I didn't feel like dealing with people yelling at me anymore. I tried Collin next.

"Scarlett Nicole Evans if you don't get your as-"

Nope.

Ashton?

"Munchkin! Where are you? We're so worried! Mi-"

Not him.

Maybe Kenna...

"WAIT SHE CALLED! DO-"

Lord no.

Holly? Who am I kidding.

Who else could I call? Ariana is probably with him so that wouldn't help. Mickey hates me. Paige is with Collin for sure.

There's always Luke. Luke has no idea what's happening. I can go to him and pretend nothing even happened. Although he'd be confused as to why I'm calling him. Its always worth a shot though. Fuck it. I tapped his name, almost immediately he answered the phone.