Dead In The Water

*3rd Person POV*

A truck goes past a neon sign that says Hotel, which is behind a building that says The Lynnwood Inn. The Impala and the motorcycle parked in the front. Dean sits at table, alone, while circling the obituaries in a newspaper. One in particular was about an 18 year old woman named Sophie Carlton, who had drowned. 

He was reading the article when an attractive waitress, Wendy, approaches him. "Can I get you anything else?" She asked Dean, a flirtatious smile on her face. Dean looks up at her and grins around the pen he's chewing on until (y/n) comes over and sits down next to Dean. "Just the check, please." She said and the woman frowns as she sees (y/n). "Okay." Wendy mumbles, disappointed, and she walks away.

*(y/n)'s POV*

As the woman walks away, Dean drops his head then looks over at me. "(Y/N)!" He growls, obviously annoyed, but I smiled, innocently, at him. "What?" I asked him. "You know, we are allowed to have fun once in a while." Dean said then he points at the waitress, who was wearing short shorts. "That's fun." He said and I smirked. "Didn't I tell ya? Ruining other people's fun is my version of fun." I said and he glares at me.

"Weirdo." He grumbles and I let out a small chuckle.

"Jackass." I said to him as Sam comes back to us.

"Everything okay?" Sam asked us. "Everything's fine, Sam. Just busting Dean's balls." I said and Dean rolls his eyes then he hands us the newspaper. "Here, take a look at this, I think I got one." He said and Sam and I look at the newspaper to see an obituary of a young 18 year old girl.

"Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago." Dean explained and Sam and I look up at him. "A funeral?" We said, confused.

"Yeah, it's weird, they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever." Dean said. "Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." Sam said to him and Dean stares at his younger brother. "Something you want to say to me?" Dean asked Sam. "The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day." Sam said, annoyed. "Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?" Dean asked him. "I don't know. Something. Anything." Sam replied, exasperated.

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?" Dean asked Sam.

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just—"

"I'm the one that's been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?" Dean said, interrupting Sam. Sam rolls his eyes as I look between the boys. Then that waitress walks by, distracting Dean. "All right, Lake Manitoc." Sam said as I smack Dean's shoulder.

"Hey!" I exclaimed and he turns back to me. "Huh?" He asked and I raise an eyebrow at him. "How far?" I asked him, referring to Lake Manitoc, and he looks at me for a moment.

Next thing I knew we were driving past a sign that reads Welcome to Lake Manitoc WI and started to head towards the house of Sophie Carlton. Dean knocks at the door and a young man opens it a second later.
"Will Carlton?" Dean asked the man. "Yeah, that's right." Will said as he looks at us, confused. "I'm Agent Ford. This is Agent Hamill and Agent Fischer. We're with the US Wildlife Service." Dean said as he holds up his ID. Will looks at it then nods at us.