I Could Even Learn How To

Shouto ultimately decides against leaving a nasty voicemail when Enji doesn't answer his phone, irately throwing his phone towards the bed with a loud string of curses where it barely misses Katsuki who is seated in All Might themed footie pajamas with his hands clapped firmly over his ears. The blonde jumps, wide eyes blinking up at Shouto as the half-and-half hero begins to pace the room.

"P-Papa?"

Shouto pauses, brows still tightly knit together as he swivels around to meet Katsuki's concerned gaze.

"You can move your hands now, princess." He says, motioning with his own hands in case Katsuki can't hear him. The blonde fluff complies, toying with the feet of his jumper.

"Daddy sad?"

"No, no, baby, daddy's just---I'm a little frustrated is all." He says, double taking as he realizes just how close he was to smacking his precious boy right in the noggin with the heavy cell phone. "Oh, kitty, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to. Show daddy where it hurts." He's already on Katsuki and fussing over him, pulling the hood of his pajamas down to twist and turn his head and check for injuries. Katsuki gently shakes him off, still wearily concerned.

"Not hurt..."

Shouto sighs. "Okay, good, good."

Katsuki tilts his head and Shouto isn't sure of what to make of the look in his eyes. He feels so bare—the way he looks at him—and Shouto suddenly feels very heavy. Katsuki seems to understand, though he doesn't make any comments.

"Daddy needs snuggies?"

A tired smile. Shouto is so lucky to have him.

"Actually, that would make me feel so much better. Can daddy snuggle with you?"

Katsuki eagerly throws open his arms and Shouto obliges, pressing his nose into Katsuki's neck to breathe in his sweet, sugary scent. Katsuki giggles as Shouto hums into his skin and plays with his soft, fluffy hair. He's always understood that daddies have their spaces too, and sometimes being his daddy helps Shouto just as much as it helps him. He doesn't like it when daddy's upset; he deserves to be happy too.

"My pretty baby. You're so very good and sweet for me, so perfect in every way just for me."

"P-Pretty?"

"Oh yes, didn't you know?"

He pulls back to look Katsuki in the eyes and the boy looks mildly confused.

"You've got eyes like shining rubies, so bright and beautiful. This cute little nose and the way it scrunched up when you laugh. Pretty pink lips and the cutest little smile. Even your little butt is cute." He explains giving Katsuki a gentle pat to the backside. He's blushing to the tips of his ears, hands coming up to hide his grin only to be coaxed away by Shouto's gentle touch. "Oh no, let me see that pretty smile. C'mon~"

He's grinning so hard he might actually split. Shouto almost wants to take a picture, but he he doesn't want to risk ruining the sweetest thing he's ever seen. He presses a chaste kiss to Katsuki's nose.

"In a world where everything fails me, you are my one true constant. Keep me grounded. What did I do to deserve something so amazing?"

Katsuki's face morphs from the cutest smile ever to rising fear and concern, sitting up in the bed as he turns over to grab Shouto's cheeks in his hands.

"Oh no! Daddy sad!"

Shouto sniffles as Katsuki wipes a lone tear from his cheek, his own eyes widening in shock. He shakes his head, wiping his face with his hand.