Prologue - The Beginning

Fate can bring the most unlikely people together.

Some are normal, some are the opposite from it.

Others have interdimensional skills.

One is from a world that doesn't exist anymore.

Still another has made mistakes they can never fix.

One will go to any lengths to understand what has happened and why it did.

An old rivalry. Dreaming big, but dreams shattered.

Promises were made, and promises were broken.

Some seem ordinary but have extraordinary abilities.

They had nothing in common but one thing: the mysterious portal, the portal that appeared out of nowhere, the portal that seemed to be able to look like anything.

That portal was the reason how they met. But why? Why did it do this? Why did it go through all the trouble to bring them all to the same place? Why would it go to any length, kill family, create rifts between friends, destroy entire worlds, to do this?

Well...

You'll have to find out.

This is the story of how a group of misfits, unlikely friends, and old rivals got together. This is the Origin of a world full of ideas and friendships, and how it started.

This is how Hermitcraft came to be.

Just remember--

Sometimes, the end of one story is the beginning of another.

(WC: 210)