↠ 40

After raiding the kitchen, you were happy with your bag of chips and some small cookies. You happily ate some and looked towards where the library was. Well, more like the wall but just the general area of it. You haven't noticed anyone come out yet and that worried you slightly. Would you find two giant wolves fighting?

Or worse, would your laptop be caught in the crossfire of them?

That slightly scared you a bit. You took one last cookie and was about to go back in the library to retrieve your laptop when Namjoon appeared before you. "Hey." He smiled making a dimple pop out. "We'll be back."

"Where are you going?" You questioned, somewhat surprised that he was going to leave you all by yourself.

"On a patrol. Have to make sure that our scent is still there." He explained.

You were silent for a moment. "And you're going to leave me here? I thought I needed someone with me." You can recall when Namjoon explained that someone will always be with you so that they can protect you.

His eyes were now slightly wide. "I forgot Hoseok doesn't come home until later..."

"We can take her with us." Jungkook joined you two in the kitchen. "Our scent is probably wasting away at this time right now as we talk."

Namjoon frowned slightly and you could even tell that Jungkook was trying to convince the Alpha. You could see the gears in his head turning. "I'll just stay here." said Namjoon. "You're faster than me so you can go."

Jungkook nodded enthusiastically (though it his expression didn't look like it) and turned to you with a bunny smile. "I'll be back so we can hang out more!" His eyes landed on the cookie that you had momentarily forgotten. "Oh? Can I take a bite?"

"Huh?" You responded back and you were frozen. Jungkook grabbed your wrist and brought it near his face. He took a bite of the cookie and happily hummed. His eyes locked onto yours the whole time. You could only glance between him and the cookie.

I was literally going to eat all of it.

You sighed and just gave him the cookie. Jungkook frowned and pushed it back towards you.

"Jungkook just eat it." You said sternly.

"Come on." Namjoon sighed impatiently and with annoyance in his tone. "Y/N, we'll just wait for Hoseok to come back."

You nodded and watched as Jungkook went out the backdoor. Not even a minute later, there was a sharp bark and Namjoon turned to the door. Curiously, you peeked out and saw the young wolf. Jungkook hummed a bit, his tail slightly swaying.

"Usual route." Namjoon caught the attention of Jungkook as the young wolf's eyes snapped towards him. He walked out onto the small porch. "Until Hoseok gets here, I'll join you."

Jungkook nodded his big head once before shooting off like a rocket into the woods. It was amazing to see such speed come from him. Now it was quiet. You decided to stay outside since you've been inside all day. Taking a seat on a random outside chair they had, you noticed that Namjoon stayed standing up.

He was looking off to where Jungkook had disappeared. Maybe you were crazy, but his eyes seemed to softly shine a gold color. Was it the sun hitting his eyes? Ok, why were you even thinking it was crazy? Seokjin and Yoongi also had sometimes different colors in their eyes. You shook your head to get rid of the thoughts. You'll just blame it on all the work you did.

"You okay?" Namjoon asked, his voice carrying concern.

"Yeah I'm fine." You sent him a smile to show that you were okay. "By the way," You saw that Namjoon perked up with interest. "Can I ask why sometimes your eyes change a different color?"

The Alpha blinked and averted his gaze. "Oh. I'm just... How do I explain it?" He mumbled to himself. "I guess you can say in my Alpha mode? Seokjin and Yoongi can also go into their role when needed."

"Huh." You responded. "So, right now, you're like being the Alpha?"

Namjoon turned to you, his eyes were now showing their true color of gold. "Yeah. I'm sorry if it creeps you out. I need to watch over Jungkook's thoughts and make sure he doesn't go over the line."

"It doesn't creep me out at all." You replied, seeing that Namjoon was trying to hide his eyes. "It looks pretty cool with gold eyes."

The Alpha smiled at you brightly, making his dimple pop out. "Thank you."

Ok, that was adorable.

Suddenly, the smile wiped off his face as his eyes flickered to the house. You were about to ask what was wrong, when there was a happy voice that called out your name.

"Hi Y/N!" Hoseok stumbled out onto the back porch and immediately went to give you a hug.

"Hi Hobi."

Namjoon awkwardly cleared his throat and that brought Hoseok's attention on him. "I'll go join Jungkook now." Then he took off into a run to the woods. There was a small noise that even you could hear in the now quiet area. It sounded like bones being snapped.

"So, what would you like to do?" Hoseok asked, obviously trying to bring your attention back on him.

And here's to another hour or two with another werewolf.