Dwelling

A late night update of a late night scene.

I've got a big presentation to give in my lit class tomorrow and I'm quite nervous, so happy thoughts would be much appreciated!

Hope you all enjoy.

✾     ✾     ✾

Enid couldn't hold in her yawn as the car came to a stop outside the estate.

"It's past your bedtime, darling." Theodore said as he opened her door, helping her to jump down onto the pebbled surface.

She sleepily nodded in response, stepping forward to rest her tired head against his chest.

He easily swept her up into his arms and began to carry her toward the front door.

"We'll unpack everything tomorrow, little bird. For now, let's just get you in bed." Dante grinned as he unlocked the door for them.

They quietly made their way to the top floor of the estate, an area she had not yet seen.

The top of the stairs gave way to a square platform with doors to a balcony along the far wall.

Five doors were spaced evenly along the two walls.

All of them painted a dark obsidian but for one.

It was painted a pink shade so light it was nearly white.

Alexander smiled as he led them toward it, making a grand show of opening the door for her.

"Welcome home, Enid." Theodore whispered in her ear.

Any remaining tendrils of fatigue disappeared as she took in the large room with wide eyes.

Large windows stretched across an entire wall, providing a view she knew would be gorgeous in the daylight.

Before one of the windows was a swing seat made of twine and cushioned with a pink pillow.

A large bed sat toward the center of the room, a white canopy falling from the ceiling to each of the four posts of her bed.

Gorgeous displays of flowers topped the four posts and decorated the tulle at the top.

It was a bed fit for a princess.

The far corner was lined with bookcases, each filled with countless books.

A luxurious reading chair sat before them, a table beside to hold mugs of hot chocolate or treats.

A gorgeous desk sat under the window nearby.

String lights lined the walls, casting the entire room in an ethereal glow.

Enid turned to look at the three men watching her, her mind struggling to find words.

"This-this..." She stuttered, her eyes drifting to the table by the door.

It was a composition table for her music, blank music pages and a pen out and ready for her.

She felt a blooming in her heart, like the first day of spring.

Such thought and detail had gone into the room.

And all for her.

She didn't know what she could have done to deserve it.

All words left her as she grappled for syllables that could possibly encompass her emotions.

"We can change anything you don't like, angel. And besides, this is just to give you a space of your own. We'll show you the master bedroom when you're ready." Alexander said, raking a hand through his curls nervously.