Part Eleven

I was so excited for cheer so I could bust out my new cleats. I was nervous to put on my cheer uniform because Namjoon left bruises on my waist from how hard he was grabbing me.

Don’t be scared. I promise it’s completely consensual. During one of our rounds, he went soft and kissed them like they were booboos. 

I used the money I’ve been getting and went on a little shopping spree with him. I bought every single thing in the fenty line. New clothes from designer stores that I never even imagined shopping at. 

I got a new pack of these velvet scrunchies that came in my school colors and a lacey choker (to cover up the bruising on my neck from the belt). So when cheer practice came I was pretty dolled up. 

I got a bunch of compliments from my teammates when I was sitting on the bleachers with Sooji waiting for Sihyun to pick us up. 

____

Sooji: When did you get those? 

Me: What? 

Sooji: Those shoes. Where did you get them 

Me: Obviously the Nike store. 

Sooji: Stop being snarky. When did you get them?

Me: Saturday morning. 

Sooji: They are so cute babe. Especially for the clearance section. 

Me: They weren’t on sale you bitch. 

Sooji: *touching my waist* What’s that? 

Me: *hitting her hand away* Hey! Stop! 

Sooji: Why are you bruising? 

Me: I had an accident. Why are you hammering me with all these questions? 

Sooji: I swear Nari, if someone laid hands on you I will end them. 

Me: Sooji. I’m fine, I swear. I just bumped into something. 

You can visibly see Sooji’s skepticism in her eyes. I tried my best to ignore it and distract myself with my phone. 

Sooji: New phone, new clothes, new shoes…

Me: And? 

Sooji: And? Where is all of it coming from? 

Me: Why does it matter?

Sooji: Because a month ago you couldn’t fill your gas tank and now you can afford to live like Ariana Grande if she was a vsco girl.

Me: You’re a vsco girl.

Sooji: Don’t insult me. Get in my picture. 

I quickly turned around and rested my chin on her shoulders so the dog filter could fit on my face then pulled away after she snapped her picture. Right after Sihyun called her...whatever he said seemed to have really irritated her. 

While she was doing her thing over the phone, I got a message from Namjoon. He was up in the parking lot of the stadium where we practice, weird. I told Sooji I’ll be right back and snuck off behind the bleachers. 

I swear, he takes my breath away. He wasn’t doing anything in particular. He was just leaning against his tesla, wearing a white dress shirt and black khakis. I ran up towards him with my hair swinging behind me. 

Me: Hey!

He stood up straight but just gazed at me for a minute. 

Me: What is it? 

Namjoon: I don’t think I can stress how cute you are.

Me: *blushing* Oh my god. 

His big hands held me by my waist. The ways he holds me sometimes I think he forgets how strong he is. Unless he just enjoys displaying his strength on me.

Namjoon: You are about to start? 

Me: No, we just finished. 

Namjoon: Do you want a ride back home? 

Me: Tempting but no. I came here with my roommate. 

Namjoon: With your coryla? 

Me: Respect the wheels dude. 

Namjoon: No, that’s not ok. 

Me: Stop teasing me. What did you come down here for?

Namjoon: Well, I wanted to treat myself to seeing you’re beautiful face today. 

Me: *flushed* Stop it. 

Namjoon: *chuckling* So, your school colors are black and gold right?

Me: *presenting my uniform* Yep. 

He leaned into the backseat and pulled up a gift box similar to the one that had my shoes. I dropped the wrapping on the ground when I fully opened it up and held the beautiful fabric of the versace bomber jacket between my fingers.

Namjoon: Then that one should appropriate. 

Me: DUDE! HOLY CRAP!

Namjoon: *smiling* Do you like it or love it? 

Me: *putting it on* NAMJOON I FREAKING LOVE IT!

Namjoon: You’re cute when you’re all excited like this.

Me: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Namjoon: It’s almost as beautiful as you.

I was squealing and jumping around like a fangirl who just got kissed by a Jonas Brother. I ran into his open arms still not completely calmed down. In the hug, he pulled out my scrunchie and slipped it over his wrist with his watch. 

Me: Hey! Give that back!

Namjoon: No, I like your hair down. 

He tilted my chin up, pecked my lips, said bye, and drove off. This jacket is never leaving the glass case I’m gonna put in it. I hurried off back to the bleachers, blushing like a schoolgirl. Sooji was still on the phone and furrowed her eyebrows at me.

Sooji: What the hell? Where is that from? 

Me: What? 

Sooji: The jacket! What the hell?! 

Me: What are you talking about? I’ve been wearing this all day.