CHAPTER 30

Caspian and I had a meeting with the Council of elves. It was the night before, and Caspian was in my dorm pacing around. It was around 6pm, so everyone was at dinner. But we had bigger problems to deal with.

"I still don't understand what we have to say, and what's the point of doing this!" I tell Caspian, he had been quieter than usual. No sarcastic comments or snarky remarks.

"Look, you know that I want to be with you. I've never experienced something like this, and even though I'm a 3,567 year old God... I want to be with you. But of course the other Gods and Goddesses think I'm crazy for loving an elf." Caspian explains as he grabs my hands in his.

My heart fluttered as I took in his words, "wait, you're actually 3,567 years old?"

Caspian laughs, "yeah, I'm actually the youngest of all the Gods."

"Anyways, how do we convince them that we should be together? And how would that even work? Would you visit me here? Do I go up the sacred place where the Gods live?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." Caspian mutters, he looked exhausted and I couldn't blame him.

I tug on Caspian's hand and lead him out the window, we sit together on the roof as the sun started to set.

I rest my head on his shoulder, and he wraps his arms around me.

"I wish I could just stay like this, with you, forever."

I chuckle, "forevers a long time," I reply.

Caspian hums in response, and we sit there enjoying the tranquility before it's gone.

--

Today was the day we spoke to the council, and Caspian had come up with a pretty good plan on how we could work this out. We just hoped and prayed the Gods would accept it.

I paced in front of the conference room, my mind raging with thoughts. A minute or two later Caspian grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Stop worrying, it will work out."

"But what if it doesn't?" I reply, "what is going to happen then?"

"Look at me," he whispers cupping my face with his hands.

His dark eyes bore into mine, "we're going to be fine because we love each other. Because we saved the fucking elf world."

I had to laugh at his last comment, "okay," is all I say.

A tall woman with straight blonde hair opens the door to the conference room, "the Gods and Goddesses are ready for you two."

I clasp Caspian's hand in my sweaty one, my heart beating like crazy before walking into the office.

--

I'm sorry it was such a short chapter!! The next chapter will be the LAST one for this story. I promise I will have it up ASAP!
Thank you to everyone who has been supporting and enjoying this book <3

Dont forget to vote and comment! Thank you!!