✨Chapter 6: Man of the Night

"Just so you know, I'm still pissed at you but this is tradition so I still showed up

"Just so you know, I'm still pissed at you but this is tradition so I still showed up." Deja said as she made her way into Kadence's apartment with a fake scowl on her face.

Kadence chuckled, "Pissed at me why exactly?"

"Don't act like you don't know." Deja rolled her eyes as she plopped down on Kadence's couch.

"Are we still talking about this Sire the Don situation?" Kadence asked, grabbing a slice of pizza out of the box on her coffee table - debating whether or not she was going to have this conversation with Deja once again.

"Of course we're still talking about it, you were in the same room as the man of my dreams - and as my best friend, your first instinct wasn't to call me." Deja semi yelled.

"I really thought the picture I took for you made up for that and would save me from this whole little speech you're giving me." Kadence said.

"Well it didn't because had you had called me, I could've been in the picture with him, see the problem?"

"Yeah sure, so what can I do to make it up to you?" Kadence asked, playing into Deja's dramatics.

"Take his offer" Deja replied quickly causing Kadence to roll her eyes, although apart of her not sure if she was rolling her eyes at Deja or herself.

"I'm still thinking about it." Kadence shrugged - flipping through her channels trying to locate the channel they were playing the MMA's on.

"What is there to think about, that man is fine." Deja swooned.

"His looks have nothing to do with this Deja" Kadence shook her head.

"Okay maybe you're right, but really, what's stopping you from accepting his offer?" Deja asked sensing that her best friend was really in a bind about this entire situation.

"I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision that's all"

"Okay so other than the pretty penny he's paying you for this what else is involved in the offer" Deja crossed her legs and faced Kadence.

"Well he never actually confirmed it but I think he's allowing me to have creative control over the dancing, he even said that I could choreograph the other girls if I wanted - not to mention he's been really patient with me"

"So let me get this straight, not only do you get the chance to work with this fine ass patient man, but he's also giving you creative control in his music video and contributing to your dream by allowing you to choreograph the other girls all at the same time. Excuse me if I don't see why you're stalling" Deja said and Kadence knew that she made perfect sense however she was still at a crossroads.

"Oh look the show is starting" Kadence exclaimed, changing the subject. While the beginning of the awards quickly ended their conversation, that didn't matter to Deja who was determined to make sure her best friend made the right choice no matter how much convincing it took.