Chapter 3 - Part 1

Taylor

Taylor

Jordan was sitting on her bed with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched me enter the room.

"I know. I have some explaining to do—" I began, but she cut me off with the wave of her hand.

"I warned you about him. I told you that if you got involved with him he'd break your heart," she said, her tone getting more and more upset. "I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life; I just don't want to have to pick up the pieces when he's done with you."

My eyes softened at my roommate. I understood why she was so upset with me, and I loved that she cared.

"Look, I'm sorry I lied to you," I apologized. "I shouldn't have. But the truth is, nothing happened with him."

"Then why did he show up here looking for you?" she asked, her eyes questioning.

"Well..."

In truth, it was complicated.

"He thinks someone spiked my drink last night," I started. Jordan's eyes widened, and she shot up.

"Someone spiked your drink!" she shrieked. I grabbed her by both of her arms to try and calm her down. She was visibly upset at the thought that someone had tried to do that to me.

"I have no proof someone did that. It's just that I didn't drink that much and Sin said I could barely stand."

"You said you lost your virginity last night," she began and swallowed. "Did someone rape you?"

"No," I answered, shaking my head for extra emphasis.

"Sin is the reason nothing happened to me. He saw I was out of it, so he babysat me for the night."

Jordan looked at me like I'd grown another head.

"He babysat you," she repeated, hoping they would make more sense to her, but his actions clearly didn't coincide with the person she knew.

"I didn't remember anything from the time that you left, and when I woke up, I was in Sin's bed dressed in my underwear. That's why I thought something had happened between us, and I left before he woke up," I started to explain as I released her arms and rubbed my forehead. I was still feeling the effects of my 'hangover.'

"Why were you in your underwear?" she asked suspiciously.

"No, it wasn't like that. He said I tried to take advantage of him," I admitted, feeling a blush tinge my cheeks. I'd felt that attraction for him across the room the first time I'd ever laid eyes on him, so I didn't doubt that given the opportunity I would have tried something.

"Well I never," she murmured and sat down on her bed. It was like I'd told her Santa was real. I gave her a moment for her to wrap her mind around the thought.

"It's just he's normally the one that girls need protecting from. It just doesn't make sense that he looked after you." She was trying to explain why it was so hard to believe.