Kokushibo |Home

WARNING! MANGA SPOILER AHEAD!

And in case you guys forgot his name was Michikatsu Tsugikuni when he was still human.

~*~

Kokushibo lived for centuries as a demon, during this time his memory as a human was blur, he can't remember his parents face nor people close to him except his younger brother, Yoriichi, his face was clear as a day.

beside that, living for centuries there was a small painful tugged on his heart that kept reminding him that he had forgotten something important, he constantly tried to remember what it was but was no avail.

from time to time, certain image of a woman would pop on his head, though he was able to identify it's gender, her face was a complete mystery, he can't just seems to remember what the woman looks like. 

Kokushibo was smart, he was able to deduce that, the mysterious woman he frequently saw was connected to the painful tugged on his chest, but he didn't mind it. for him becoming strong like his younger brother was more important.

As kokushibo stand alone in the dimensional infinity fortress, tracking the other upper moons state and as he was lose in though a voice that sounds so distant yet familiar called out his name.

'Kokushibo'

hearing this, he closed his eyes to try and picture whatever you look like, the voice who constantly called out to him.

"Who are you?" he asked particularly to no one as a random memory once again flash to him. a woman was serving him tea, her face was blur but he could tell she was smiling at him. 

the woman was seating in front of him in a table filled with various food, the woman was telling him stories but he can't seems to make up what she was telling, it was like a dream, but for some reason he doesn't want to wake up and leave her all alone despite not knowing who she is.

he blinked once and the scene changes, the woman's back was turned on him he tried to reach out but he can't seems to reach, the woman was about to turn around but he suddenly opened his eyes as another presence made it known, a demon slayer. 

after the gruesome and endless fight, between the demon slayers and Kokushibo, Gyomei was able to slice off his head, as he falls on the ground disintegrating his life flash before him. 

"(Y/N)" he called as he remember the name of his lover, the woman that constantly called out to him, desperately calling him out of the dark. the woman who always believe in him no matter how inferior he thinks of himself, tears fall our of his eyes as he remember you.

"Michikatsu, you worked hard!" you called as you brush away some of his hair from his face as he lie down on your lap.

"It always good to hear that coming from you (Y/N) but I'm still nowhere close to Yoriichi" he softly said as he enjoyed the peaceful moment with you.

"What are you saying? I Think you're already the best, you're a lot more better that you think Michikatsu" you cheerfully said as he close his eyes to try and fall asleep.

"If you say so it must be true (Y/N), I love you" he lovingly said, all hatred and doubts forgotten

"I love you too Michikatsu" 

If only you didn't pass away and leave him all alone, he might have taken a different path.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! please wake up! open your eyes! dammit!" he cried as he held your lifeless body close to his body. 

"come on, please open your eyes!" he pleaded as he desperately prayed and asked for help, but never did you opened your eyes again.

He was so blinded with grief and regret of not being able to save you, his inferiority with his brother further push him on the edge of darkness. with nothing to lived for he accepted Muzan's offer and become a demon, all to forget the pain of loosing you.

as he reflect on the path he have taken, he realize that he abandon everything and gained nothing from it, as his whole body disintegrate and nothing was left, he accepted his faith that he can never be with you even in the afterlife, he did all sorts of bad things you and Yoriichi must be so disappointed to him.

He was Seating on complete darkness, it was cold and quiet, it must be his punishment for letting you die,killing his brother and tormenting others for centuries. but suddenly, a hand reach out to him and pulled him back, his surrounding changing to something that is so familiar with him, it was the house you both share.

he was standing outside, wondering what happened when a gentle pat push him towards the door, when he look back he saw his brothers fading back . he wanted to cry but his heart was beating so loudly standing outside the house.

will you be inside and greet him or you'll be so mad and disgusted by what he had become, but when he saw his reflection, it was not longer the hideous demon but he come back to being a human.

now with confidence he slide open the door, the house looking exactly how he remembered it. as he step inside the house, nostalgia filled him, it was a feeling he never experience even after becoming a demon.

as soon as he was inside the house, he could hear footsteps running around the house and within second you were now standing in front of him with a smile he love the most.

As he took in your form, he can't stop the tears from falling on his eyes, he collapse on where his standing as he felt numb on his feet.

"I'm sorry(Y/N), I'm sorry, I'm sorry.."he continuously apologize, feeling bad about all the thinkgs he have done. suddenly a warmth that was so familiar embrace him. he immediately wrap his hands on your waist as he buried his face in your stomach, tears falling out of his eyes.

"Welcome home Michikatsu" you warmly welcomed as you smiled at him. patting his head like you always do whenever he felt down.

"(Y/N)...I'm finally home"