#23 Shattered Heart

Blood. Bruises. Wounds.

   Emily looks at her face through the broken mirror. She has wounds on her face and arms. Red blood is dripping down the corner of her lips. Her shirt comes out in crimson blotches.

   She holds her throbbing head and sits on the floor and thinks about what had happened earlier. Oh... She just made Mr. Bogeyman really mad and it resulted in her now bloody state. She puts her head on her knees and cry and cry and cry, like there is no tomorrow.

*******

   45 minutes earlier ...

   Emily stares at the scenery outside. How peaceful she would be if she had the opportunity to spin around beside the cold blue lake and fall into it. She giggles at herself. Hehe..

   Then, she touches the handle of the window. She tries to open the window by twisting and moving the handle, but to no avail. It is too hard and tough. She sighs in defeat. Before this, she had tried knocking the window with her fists and she ended up getting throbbing hands. She also wanted to use the chair or any solid things that she can find in this room to break the window, but she never did that as she was afraid that she might catch the attention of the gangsters through the loud noise. Plus, the window is pretty thick and shatter-proof.

   Suddenly, someone barges into the room and closes the door harshly. Emily turns her body to see Freddy standing in front of her with her phone in his hand. She stares at his clenched fist and red face. She has a bad feeling about this.

   "Emily, darling, do you have something to tell me?" Freddy fakes his smile and walks closer to Emily.

   "N-no, I guess?" Emily stutters and backs away from Freddy who looks like he wanted to murder her.

   "Then, how do you explain this?!" Freddy shows Emily her phone and she scrutinises it and sees the call that she had made to the police. Her eyes widen as she tries to think of a good answer. How did he know?

   "So, you did call the police," Freddy smirks after seeing Emily's reaction.

   "How did you know?" Emily asks bravely, but deep down she's terrified.

   "I have an eagle-eyed friend who was with us when you tried to unlock your phone to call your mum. So, let's say that he's very observant and he has quite sharp eyes," Freddy smirks smugly and rolls his eyes.

   Emily just gulps after hearing Freddy's answer. She's scared that something bad will happen after this.

   "So, how did you find your phone? Did someone give it to you? Maybe someone in this house that betrayed me?" Freddy pushes Emily to the wall and holds her face, forcing her to look at him in the eyes.

   "N-no! I...." Emily trails off and blinks her eyes, thinking about Daisy. Her cute, innocent face and how scared she looked when she talked about Freddy.

   'If I disobeyed him, he will kill me and my family!'

   "What?!" Freddy holds Emily's face tightly, hurting her jaw and maybe leaving a mark or a bruise on her pale face.

   "One of your men forgot to lock the door and I w-went outside and found my phone on a table and...you know what happened next," Emily explains. She had to lie because she had already promised to herself that she will protect Daisy at all costs.