The greatest fear of all

Season 4, episode 9.

Words: 2,9K

The elemental masters are making their way to Ninjago City, sitting on their elemental dragons. 

"Chen and his anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything." Lloyd told the others, with his father sitting behind him.

"How did we lose so much time?" Kai asked, glancing at Y/n in front of him. He smiled internally, but on the outside it was his usual face.

"You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind." Dareth said, sitting behind Zane.

"And we're not all quick learners." Jay replied, with Nya sitting behind him.

 "Mastering your fear to create Power Dragons takes time." Y/n added, smiling.

"Well, we're running out of that. There's Ninjago City. Hurry." Nya retorted, pointing at the city.

"Hurry's my middle name. Hyah!" Turner made his dragon go faster, reaching the city.

They flew over the buildings, earning gasps from citizens, "Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one." Lloyd reminded.

"Let's do this!" Jay exclaimed, flying down to a building and landing on it. The others copied these actions, with Skylor and Kai landing on the road. 

A woman looks at Skylor, eyes widen at the master of amber's sight. "Serpentine!" She shouts, making everyone panick and run around. 

"I wish I still had the power to change." Skylor sighed, making Kai look at her.

"You have changed. You're with us now." Kai replied, smiling, which made Skylor's cheeks turn red.

A car honk is heard underneath them, "Could you be a dear and move your Dragon?" A old woman asked, making Kai's dragon move his leg. "Thank you, young man." She thanked and drove away.

"If we're the first ones they've seen, where's Chen and why hasn't he attacked?" Garmadon asked, annoyed.

"We have to get you and my father off the streets before we alarm everyone." Lloyd told Skylor, then turned to the others. "Everyone else, stick together and watch over the people."

Skylor looked at her arm and noticed a part of the spell started to wear off.

"Why is the spell wearing off? If we attack now and turn back to normal, everything will be for nothing!" Chen shouted at his army, annoyed.

"Eh, about that...uh, we read everything on page 149, but lo and behold, the spell continues onto the next page." Chope said, sheepishly scratching his neck.

"You slithering klutzes! What have I told you about attention to details? I knew I should've had read the spell. "In order for the transformation to become permanent, one must obtain the essence of a true ." Where are we supposed to get that? There aren't any real Anacondrai left!" 

"Eh, but if there's any out there, we'll find it." Kapau sighed, slittering away with Chope.

"There's another problem, Master. The ninja and their friends have arrived." Another anacondrai spoke, looking at the ground guilty.

"Oh, why must conquering Ninjago be so difficult? Fine. We change plans. It's not like I don't have something else up my sleeve." Chen smirked, looking at the anacondrai.

"And what's that, Master?" He asked.

"This!" Chen threw the spellbook at the anacondrai, who groaned. "Now come on. We have some scheming to do."