𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

-

-

BY THE TIME I GOT TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY, I was twenty minutes late and landed my way into the principal's office. My school blouse was buttoned all the way to the top, hiding any trace of Nano's bullshit as I sat in front of Ander's mother as who was questioning me about being late. "Why were you late Jada?" She asked as I shrugged, bouncing my knee up and down as I fidgeted, just wanting to get to lesson. "Jada... Is everything okay?" She asked, looking genuinely concerned, probably noticing the bags under my eyes or my pale appearance; I was tired- emotionally tired. "I'm fine, don't worry Madam. Just overslept, feeling a bit tired is all." I smiled to her politely, and she smiled, nodding as she stood up. "If you ever need anything, I'm here." She said, as she led me to the door, smiling as he held it open, indicating for me to leave. I stepped out into the corridor, waving her goodbye as I headed to the Library, where my class was apparently doing a research assignment of some sort. All eyes flew in my direction as I opened the library door, muttering an apology to my teacher as I slumped down in my seat, sitting on the table beside Carla and Polo's table. "Buenos días, Jada." Carla smiles as she leans forward to see me, looking past Polo, who gives her a weird look. "Buenos días, Carla." I give her a little cute wave, and as she's about to speak she's interrupted by Christian's arrival.

"So? Has hablado con tu mamá?" Christian asks as he rushes to sit at the table, clearly eager to talk to the Polo, who he is staring at waiting for a response. "De qué?" Carla asked, looking between the two boys as another girl shushed them from another table. "About the cover. La portada de la revista!" Christian said excitedly, tapping his hands on the table in a beat. "Christian... Do you know how important the cover is? Una portada no se la dan a cualquiera." Christian smiles, nudging Polo. "Y yo no soy cualquiera! Right?" Looking between the boys, you could see Polo was hiding something. Something was up. "She's right. Es complicado, te lo dije." The bell rang, almost drowning out Christian's reply. "Pero que cojones me estas contando?" Carla gets up and leaves the room quickly, leaving the pair of them to continue the discussion.

"Christian. Christian, por favor." Polo said as Christian sat next to him, holding his shoulder in place, no trace of a smile on his face. "I told you I would try." Christian slams his hand down on the table, causing Polo to flinch slightly in his seat. I stood up, packing my bag away slowly while being nosey. "Mi culo! No acepté anoche para que lo intentaras. Don't fuck around, I'm not an idiot." Polo smiles, but it's a wicked smile, and all I can think is one wrong move and Christian will knock him out. I'd seen him do it in our old school. "What does last night have to do with the cover? Creo que ha habido un malentendido." "Creo que eres un hijo de puta." Christian responds immediately, stopping Polo in his tracks for a second, before he speaks again. "Así que pensaste que te ofrecí la tapadera a cambio de chuparme la polla? Y tú aceptaste. Hay una palabra para gente como tú, Christian. Pu-" Before Polo can even finish his little speech, Christian grabs him by the shirt. "En una..." Polo tried again to get his word out, but his stutter stops him. Christian pushes him away, calling him a son of a bitch as he storms out the library, with me following closely behind him.