The Vacation

Despite Liam's odd behavior in these past few days, Aki easily put the matter at the back of his mind as he got more and more excited about their upcoming vacation. To his credit, Liam seemed just as excited, joining and helping Aki in packing their things. They even replaced their movie nights with planning where to go and what to do. One night, they even fell asleep in the middle of listing the activities down as the two of them got more engrossed talking about Liam's tales of adventures from his childhood.

After daydreaming about the trip for so long, the day had finally come.

"Good morn--" Liam said the moment Aki stepped inside the kitchen then stood up from the kitchen counter and approached Aki, running his thumbs over Aki's dark circles.

Aki let his roommate squish his face, closing his eyes at this light facial massage as his sleepy eyes fluttered. He moaned in satisfaction and Liam chuckled at that.

"Were you that excited you couldn't sleep?" Liam asked.

"Yep." Aki grinned.

Liam stilled for a moment and then pulled Aki closer, giving the other guy a chaste kiss. It was so sudden that Aki was startled awake.

When Liam stopped and stepped aside, Aki gripped the sides of the other's shirt, keeping him in place. Aki then captured Liam's bottom lip as he watched his roommate's reaction. Liam's eyes widened just a fraction before he cradled Aki's head, kissing him once more.

Aki was not fond of physical touches. He did not like people invading his personal space. But with Liam, he found out that he did not mind. He loved kissing the other guy. He loved being with this person.

Liam moved from Aki's lips to pay attention to his cheek and jaw. Aki tilted his head back, giving access to his neck. Liam got the message and obliged.

"We need to eat before we leave," Aki said.

His roommate hummed, busy exploring Aki's neck. Aki laughed but he could not tell if it was because the sensation on his neck tickled or he was just happy. Possibly both. He wrapped his arms around Liam's waist, bringing their bodies even closer.

Aki tugged at Liam, stopping the other's action, before kissing Liam full on the lips. It felt soft yet tender, filling Aki with nothing but deep affection for the other guy.

When they parted, the two of them remained in each other's arms.

"We should have breakfast," Liam said.

"We should," Aki replied.

But neither of them moved away.

It was at that moment that the doorbell rang. They glanced at each other, a silent question passed between them. Liam shook his head to which Aki interpreted as he was not expecting any guests. So was Aki.

They broke their embrace, albeit reluctantly, as Aki went to get the door, a thousand and one variations of curse words running through his head. Not bothering to look at the peephole, he flung the door open, only to find Zy, standing outside, looking completely and utterly wretched.