Young!Robert Baratheon X Reader - Crazy For You

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'Crazy for you' by Madonna. I hope you all enjoy it.

Storm's End had never seemed so busy before. The entire great hall was bustling, people moving in each and every direction as they celebrated Robert's name day. You had quickly found yourself a hidden away corner of the room upon your arrival, tucked out of the way of the rest of the crowd and hoping that, at some point, Robert would come and find you of his own accord.

You had known Robert since you were small children, playing together in the grounds of his home whenever you had the chance. And now that you were older, you still spent just as much time together. In his mind, you were the best of friends, inseparable from one another. But in your own mind, he was your prince charming, the man you had grown to love over the years. 

The crowd continued to grow louder as the wine and ale flowed, filling the room with artificial joy. You had never been one for parties, but Robert had insisted that you at least make an appearance, and you had never been capable of saying no to him.

You could see him on the other side of the room, speaking with some of the Stark boys and looking as though he was in his element. You had never understood it, how he could be so confident whilst you remained so timid. Surely, by now he should have had some influence on you, and brought out your wild side.

Gods, he looked handsome tonight. Somehow looking even better than usual. For a moment, you considered marching straight over to him and kissing him, and then the rational side of your brain took over and the thought was gone as quickly as it had come. Instead, you pushed off of the wall, taking a cup of wine from one of the serving girls as you went, and making your way over to where the boys had gathered.

Brandon Stark was the first to notice your presence, his smile growing as he reached out to pull you into a hug. "Y/N," he announced loudly, pressing a sloppy kiss to the side of your head and leaving you reeling away from him with faux disgust. "How are you?"

You finally gave in, laughing along with him. "Not as drunk as you, it would seem." He laughed, turning back to his conversation with you still tucked under his arm.

Robert glanced in your direction for a moment, his eyes focused on the way Brandon was touching you. But you were so caught up in the loud conversation between the boys that you never even noticed, only looking in his direction once he had already rejoined the conversation. 

You shifted slightly, moving closer to Robert and giving him a quick smile. "Are you having fun?"

"I am now that you're here, can't have a party without my best girl, can I?"

Heat rose in your cheeks, tinting them a soft pink as you chuckled at his words, watching as he wrapped his arm around you, much like the older Stark had. "I bet you say that to all the women," you teased softly, swatting at his hand slightly as you leant further into him.

Robert released a chesty laugh. "Only the beautiful ones," he chortles, his free hand coming up to squeeze your cheeks together slightly, and leaving you laughing with him. You were so close that you could lean in and press your lips to his, if you wanted. But alas, as you considered your new plan, Robert pulled away, returning himself to his prior conversation with you tucked close into his side.

You must have looked bored out of your mind, listening to them talk about training and girls and stupid tourneys you were never invited to. And soon enough, Robert was leaning closer to you.

"Come and dance with me," he uttered softly in your ear, and you snorted with laughter.

"You don't dance," you answered quickly, looking up at him with a bright smile.

"It's my name day, Y/N, I can do as I please," he started, his hand finding yours and pulling you towards the dance floor. "And I would be pleased by dancing with you."

You fought back even more laughter as he forced you to sway with him, the movements his broad shoulders made looking absurd as he attempted to be graceful. "You're making yourself look a fool," you told him, but you continued to move with him as his hand came to rest on your waist.

"I am a fool for none but you," he told you with a smile, leaning in and pressing his lips to yours. Your eyes went wide, and you quickly pulled away from his touch, the taste of ale lingering on your tongue.

"You're drunk," you told him softly, your heart almost breaking as you realised that this was some booze fuelled attempt to sleep with you.

"Of course I'm drunk, we're celebrating."

Robert looked hurt when you stepped away from him, headed back towards your group of friends and halting as you reached them. Their conversation seized up as soon as they saw you, shifting uncomfortably on the spot for only a second before turning tail and leaving the great hall. 

He was drunk, you thought as you marched towards your chambers, he won't even remember that it happened in the morning

You were almost to your chambers when you heard footsteps approaching you, and you quickly glanced over your shoulder to see Brandon hurrying to make up the distance. You slowed your pace, allowing him to fall into step beside you.

"I thought you liked him," he uttered softly, glancing over at you as you both continued down the hallway. 

"I do."

"Then why the dramatic exit?"

You snorted softly, shaking your head. "He's only doing it because he's drunk."

Brandon furrowed his brow slightly. "Where'd you get that idea from?" Brandon stopped in his tracks, and you paused, turning to look at him properly. "Robert's been in love with you for almost a decade."

"That's not funny-"

"I'm not teasing you," he interrupted, "do you not see the way he looks at you? The way he looked at me when I touched you?" 

Your eyebrows knitted together, your mouth opening and closing as you attempted to think of something to say.

"He's in love with you," Brandon continued, "and from what I can tell you're in love with him." 

A door at the other end of the hallway clattered open, and Robert came jogging towards you, pausing when he saw the two of you stood together. 

"I wanted to see if you were okay," he uttered softly, coming a little closer. He had never sounded so much like a little boy, his voice gentle and barely recognisable.

"I'm fine," you answered quickly, "I just... panicked." 

"I'm sorry."

You gave him a small smile, reaching out a hand to touch his arm gently. "You have nothing to be sorry for." You leant forwards, wrapping your arms around his middle and feeling his hands shift to hold you close to him, as Brandon made a swift exit.

"I'm in love with you," Robert finally uttered, his whole body tensing as he awaited your answer. "And I understand if you don't love me back," he continued, and you quickly pulled back slightly, looking up at him in horror.

"Of course, I love you." You shook your head slightly, "I've loved you for as long as I can remember."

Robert pulled you back to him, his hand coming up to cup your cheek gently as he leant in, pressing a feather light kiss to your lips. "I've been waiting to do that for so long."

"Then we ought to make up for lost time," you answered softly, drawing him back down to your lips and wrapping your arms around his neck.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x