C H A P T E R 1

Another long and tiresome day at school for Y/n. At least it was the 8th period. After this, she would be able to go hang out in her treehouse. The teacher was giving a lecture, and everyone else was looking at the clock. The suspense of waiting for the bell to the ring was getting unbearable.

RING

As the bell went off, everyone got up to rush out of the school. Y/n, on the other hand, waited for everyone to leave. Once the classroom emptied, she put in her earbuds, and had her favorite playlist on shuffle, and began walking home.

It was a beautiful day out. The sun was shining brightly, the birds chirped and flew around. The grass was green, and the leaves on the trees were rustling due to the small breeze.

Y/n got to the front of her frown and sighed. They were at work still, so they weren't there to nag her. She went into the woods behind her house and smiled. The treehouse she, along with her dad, had built on her 7th birthday as a gift. Y/n missed her parents very much. They were the only people who understand you. Her adoptive parents, Hank and Marely, didn't do much for her.

Y/n hated them. They hurt her mentally and physically. And as much as she wished she could defend herself from them, she knew that it would do nothing but cause her more trouble.

They weren't always like that towards her. They cared a lot for her when they first adopted her, but then they started distancing her away from them. And at first, Y/n didn't notice until they first hit her.

She didn't care much, though. She knew that soon enough, she would be able to move out. But that still didn't rid the curiosity in her of why they acted that way toward her.

Y/n sighed and climbed up the ladder that led to her treehouse. It was nice and silent, perfect for Y/n to be able to do anything. Y/n took out her math homework and started working on it, putting her music on full blast. She knew that no one would bother her, so she didn't bother to worry about being called.

Her ears were starting to hurt, so she turned the volume down a couple of notches. She heard a rattling in the bushes but brushed it off as the passing breeze.

CRASH

Y/n took off her earbuds to go investigate the noise outside. She called out, "Hello, is anybody there?"

No one answers. Y/n got out of her treehouse and decided to investigate further what happened. No one was there. She was just about to go back to the treehouse when she heard someone running. Her head turned quickly, and she looked behind to see someone in a tan jacket running away.

'Someone's stalking me.' she thought. She got chills knowing that. She didn't put in her earbuds when she was doing homework and jumped at the slightest of sounds. She was not able to concentrate at all.

. . .

Hey, I'm Blxrrii! This is my first book, so I hope you enjoy this book!!

Future Blxrrii here 😜 this book is under editing and rewriting! It's like really bad rn so I'm sorry </3

Edited

-Blxrrii