thirty seven

•••

•••

Rhodey hopped off of the Benetar as Nebula landed it on the dusty, desolate ground of Morag.

"Alright. Bring it down low. Right on that line. That's it. Down, down." He waved down the ship, Natasha and Ellie becoming impatient at the amount of time it was taking.

"Hey, can we hurry it up?" Ellie sighed.

"Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on a clock." Natasha called out, equally as impatient.

Nebula walked off of the ship, apparently having directed it to its next destination.

"All that, is really helpful." Rhodey told them sarcastically as he hugged Natasha. "Take care, okay?"

"Yeah." Ellie nodded as he hugged her as well.

"Take that stone and come back. No messing around." Rhodes told them sternly.

"Hey. You got this." Natasha smiled as she walked to stand back beside Ellie.

"Let's get it done." Rhodey looked at Nebula, who was clearly very uninterested.

"See you back." Ellie smiled.

"You guys watch each other's six."

Ellie and Natasha just looked back at them and smiled as they walked back onto the ship, and the hatch closed behind them. The ship took off and sped out of the atmosphere of Morag, towards the unknown.

- - -

"Wow... Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome." Ellie muttered in awe as she and Natasha climbed the intimidating, yet beautiful looking mountain. The two women were on a desolate planet named Vormir, the red murky pools of water mixed with the dusky purple, blue and red sky were breath-takingly beautiful. In Ellie's opinion, space as a whole was beautiful. Ever since she was little she had always been obsessed, if not slightly perplexed, with the idea of space and the solar system, and she would never in her wildest dreams have imagined that she would ever go herself. She was overwhelmed by the new out of world experience but loved it none the less.

"I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain." Natasha grumbled as they climbed higher, pulling Ellie from her deep thoughts.

"Technically, he's not a raccoon." The brunette smirked cheekily at her strawberry-blonde friend.

"Whatever." Natasha scoffed as she rolled her eyes, "He eats garbage." Ellie simply shrugged as she realised that Natasha probably had a point.

"Welcome." An eerie voice called. Natasha drew her gun from the holster and Ellie created a small ball of fire in the palm of her hand, the two of them looking around defensively.

"Natalia, daughter of Ivan. Eliana, Daughter of Harry." Ellies eyes widened as a hooded figure floated into the light. As he lifted his head, it revealed a face that Ellie knew, one that Bucky had told her horrible tales about.