Chapter 17

Michael's eyelids trembled as he started to gain wake up from his nap.

He slowly opened his eyes to the sight of darkness surrounding his room. He moved his sight towards the opened balcony and windows to see that the bright silver moon hang high in the sky.

The wind blew inside his room making the thin silk white curtains sway.

Michael then moved his body and stretched his body as he let out a yawn.

He looked at the clock on the wall to see that the time was already 9PM.

The bed was crumpled and the bedding was slightly out of place as Michael carefully got out of the bed.

The floor was cold to his bare feet as he walked towards the balcony.

The balcony was starting to become a favorite of his as he again watched the bewitching view of the Credentibus Forest.

Michael just wished that nothing like last time would happen again.

He stared at the starry sky when he noticed something flying through the night.

He crunched up his eyes and used magic to enable him to clearly see what the hell was flying that high up in the sky.

Green crystal like wings glide through the air. A white dress fluttered through the winds and long light green hair, a few shades lighter than her hair flew.

Michael let out a baffled expression as he saw a young girl about 12 years old, flying through the sky with Crystal wings.

Michael then immediately turned around and shut the balcony door.

'Nope! been there, done that. I am not going to go through that again'

Michael shook his head as he begun to walk towards his bed when, using his excellent hearing he heard a female voice yell out in pain.

Brotherly instincts kicking in, he immediately opened the balcony door to see the young girl battling an eagle like creature.

But the bird was 4 times the size of a normal eagle and its beak and claws looked sharp as knives.

The girl then held out her hand and a green magical circle appeared.

The girl mumbled something and a light beam shot through the eagle, killing the beast.

Michael saw wounds all over the girl. He was worried about her when he noticed her losing consciousness and fainting. Gravity pulling her down back to the earth.

Casting the fastest flying spell he can, Michael flew out the balcony in a speed off light and not a second later, he was already carrying the young child in his arms.

Michael flew back to his balcony and checked the condition of the girl.

The girl skin was tanned and her overall appearance made her seem like a wood spirit.

"But that's impossible. Nature spirits lives in the Spirit Realm along with the elves"

He mumbled to himself as he observed how severe the girl's wounds were. Thankfully though, she only had a few cuts and bruises and nothing internal.

"Hah, just when I said I would avoid this kinds of situation. I guess i'm cursed like this. Oh well no point of crying over it, [Heal]"

Michael casted a healing magic prominent to heal only demons and watched ad her wounds begun to disappear.

'I guess she really was a demon'

Michael placed the girl over his bed and tucked her in.

With his brotherly instincts kicking in, he couldn't bare to let a young (previously) wounded girl lie on the floor or a chair.

Sighing at how things ended up again, Michael dragged a majestic yet light chair made from trees originating in the Credentibus Forest. The black creeping wood made for quite a sight but it was actually quite comfortable.

Checking that everything was alright now, Michael closed his eyes to return back to sleep. He couldn't handle anymore drama for today so he decided to sleep things off.

———————————————

Aileana felt her head throb in pain as he regained her consciousness. The splitting headache was very painful and she felt that she was hit in the head by a hammer or maybe knives.

'Wait, knives...........the [Chaos Eagle]!'

She opened her eyes immediately and sat up, but her actions made the pain in her head worsen.

She wince as she gripped her head.

After a few moments of stabilizing herself and pushing down the pain, she then begun to observe where she was.

Her crystal like sky blue eyes widened as she looked at the furnitures around her.

Inhaling deeply she noticed that this room was overflowing with mana but the equipments around specialized in sealing mana.

The gems and runes around the room where protection and sealing spells that were in the highest tiers.

The furnitures were ultra rare materials such as the chair in front her her which was made from the trunk of a [Mother Tree] from a cursed forest.

The metals used within the room where rarities.

Over all, this room definitely belonged to a high ranking powerful noble demon.

Unease begun to circulate around Aileana as she continued to observe the fancy room.

Then she noticed that her wounds were gone, she let out a sigh of relief knowing that maybe the noble that took her in wasn't that bad, after all they healed her.

But then her eyes locked unto a certain cloak.

Her throat constricted and her eyes dilated. She felt as if she was dosed under a cold waterfall. She burst into sweats and her breathing became fast paced.

Aileana started trembling as she hugged herself.

'This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real'

She repeated the words in her mind like a mantra as she curled up into herself.

Aileana was a half breed between a wood spirit and a demon. Because of this she wasn't welcomed into both kins.

It had gotten bad enough that she was shifted from one distant relative to another, not caring whether it was from the spirits and elves or the demons, ever since her parents died when she was 9.

Within the 2 years of being thrown around like a useless rag doll, this had been her 10th foster parent, a distant cousin of her father.

And now she was within the room of the Demon King, who was known to hate every thing breathing, especially half breeds.

Her breathing turned ragged as tears begun to pour out.

'What have I done to deserve this! Just because I'm a half breed I have been treated like dirt, now i'm to have a fate worst than death! Mom! Dad!'

She sobbed as she curled up more and pressed her knees to her chest.

Aileana snapped her head towards the door as she heard it creak open. She hid her body underneath the soft blanket as she started hiccuping in fear, she covered her mouth but it was useless.

'I'm going to die!'

She cried out in her mind before,

"Hey, are you alright?"