35 | Evidence

Bryce

SITTING IN my office, I try to get things done before I go home. It's 9pm and I still have a lot to read and sign. All these could have been done hours ago if I had just focused on it. But my mind couldn't stop wandering off. My mind keeps thinking about Alyssa...

The woman who I promised to give everything she deserves.

But you know what I've given her?

The opposite of what she deserves....

Pain...

Betrayal...

Lies...

I sit back, loosening my tie as I stare at the paperworks scattered on my desk. What has happened to me? Am I really a mess without Alyssa? Coming to the conclusion that I won't be able to finish my work, I decided to have a drink.

I grab a bottle of vodka from the cabinet I had in my office, but then I couldn't find a clean glass since I used them all and some were broken to pieces after I threw them against the wall.

"MARIS!" I call my secretary who's sitting in her workspace outside my office.

She quickly drops whatever she's doing and rushes inside, saying, "Yes, sir?"

"Bring me a glass." I ordered her, going to sit on the couch. She rushes out to get a glass for me and I just slouch on the couch, thinking about how much of a mess I am right now. I really need to get myself together.

Alyssa is gone. I thought to myself. She's never coming back.

But what if she's alive?

What if...

Lyle told me there's a chance that Alyssa could be alive somewhere out there. I can only hope she is.

I hope she gives me a second chance to redeem myself. I thought to myself.

Then Maria crosses my mind...

Maria...

My heart is torn between these two beautiful lovely women. I don't know what to do...who to choose. My heart can't choose.

Maris comes in, placing the glass I asked for on the table before walking out. I reach for the glass but Lyle beats me to it. When did be enter the room? I have no idea.

"You have to stop drinking bro," Lyle tells me then reaches for the bottle in my hand which I move away from his reach.

"Fuck off." I tell him quietly, not in the mood for his shit. Right now, I just want to drink away my problems. "MARIS, BRING ANOTHER GLASS!"

"NO, MARIS DON'T." Lyle orders Maris who was just standing in the doorway, having no idea who to listen to. "Shut the door and leave."

Maris does what Lyle told her with hesitation. I just shake my head in disbelief. Who's the boss here? I'm the one who freaking hired and pays her! What she does? Listen to this asshole I call my bestfriend.

Lyle quickly grabs the bottle from me and goes to sit on the other sofa. I decide to ignore him, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"You should go home," Lyle tells me, pouring himself a drink.

That bastard.

"-your wife is waiting for you at home." He adds.

When I don't say anything, he throws a cushion at me to get my attention. I take a breath, controlling myself so I dont attack him right now.