Chapter 15 - War

"So I placed my heart under lock and key
To take some time, and take care of me
But I turn around and you're standing here."

Alejandro's POV

My eyes widened in shock. I clenched my fist in frustration. I breathed deeply, trying to calm down.

"And did...Andrea accept it?" I asked barely. A tight knot formed in my throat.

"She accepted probably, because they went on dates a few times." He replied.

I gritted my teeth. I was holding myself hard not to shatter the office. I was so mad at Andrea. How could she accept this ridiculous agreement?! Was she insane?!

"If they get married, Gabriel will invest in the project, and Michael will save his company from bankruptcy." Bruno commented.

Bastard! Now he sells his own daughter. How ruthless! Using your daughter for your own benefits. But I will not let him. He thinks he is smart, but he doesn't know me very well. I will ruin his plan at all cost. At all costs!

****

My phone rang as I left the restaurant where I had a meeting. I pulled it out of my phone and picked it up. It was Bruno. I gave him the order to follow Andrea without taking his eyes off her for a second.

"Yes?" I snapped.

"Ms. Brandon met up with Mr. Colombo. They are having lunch together at the restaurant." Bruno informed.

Shit! Miss didn't skip a minute without seeing that prick.

"They will not have lunch together. I don't know what you will do, but intervene!" I ordered in an authoritative tone as I approached my car.

"Sir, how? They had reserved their table and started..."

"Then burn the damn restaurant! I am not interested in it. Just prevent it!" I demanded, frustrated and hung up my phone without letting him say anything.

Idiot!

I breathed deeply, annoyed and got in my car. I hit the steering wheel, cursing.

Andrea's POV

I grabbed my bag and left my office. I had a lunch date with Jacobo.

We went on a date a few times. He wasn't as bad as I thought, but I didn't feel any attraction towards him.

Jacobo approached me, smiling as I walked out of the building. I gave him a slight smile and greeted him. Then we got in his car.

Jacobo parked his car in front of the restaurant and got out of the car. He rushed towards my side and opened the door for me. He extended his hand towards me.

"Thanks." I said as I grabbed his hand and got out of the car.

He placed his hand on my back and led us inside. After ordering our meals, we started chatting. Jacobo was telling me about his day.

Suddenly, we heard fire sirens. Everyone panicked and started rushing out, screaming.

"Come on." Jacobo said in panic as he grabbed my hand and we rushed out.

I wrapped my arms around myself, trembling. I got so scared. Everyone was in front of the restaurant. They were scared as well.

"Are you okay?" Jacobo asked, concerned as he rested his hand on my back.

"Yes." I replied, giving him a reassuring smile.

A few minutes later, the manager approached us.

"It was a false alarm. Please, accept our sincere apologies about what had happened. You can continue having your dinner without paying anything." He said, giving us an apologetic look.

"Let's get inside." Jacobo suggested as others went back to the restaurant.

"Actually, I lost my appetite. It will be better if I go back to the company." I admitted.

"Ok, I will drop you off." He said as he placed his hand on my back and led us towards his car.

****

I stretched out, yawning and pulled the cover away. I got up and went to take a shower. After drying my hair and body, I put on a white blouse with lace sleeves and black midi skirt. Once I finished my breakfast, I left the penthouse.

As I walked into my office, I saw a large bouquet of pink roses. I smiled as I placed my bag on the desk and grabbed the bouquet. They looked so beautiful. I breathed in as I pulled the bouquet closer to my nose; they smelt heavenly. Then I noticed a note inside the roses. I took the note and read it.

They remind me about you; they are beautiful and fragile like you. A.

I looked at the note, dumbfounded. My mouth agape. Alejandro? Before I thought it was from Jacobo, but now I was surprised. After all of these years, receiving roses from Alejandro, it made my mind blank. I was so sure it was Alejandro. He always sent me pink roses with his initial, A on the notes when we were dating.

I placed the bouquet on my desk, dazed and sat down on my seat as our memories flashed in my mind one by one. I ruffled my hair, looking at the roses.

Why did he send me roses? What does he want from me?

I breathed deeply and stood up. I grabbed the bouquet and left my office.

"Throw them or give someone else. I don't want to see them." I stated firmly and gave the roses to my secretary.

"Umm...Ok." She mumbled, confused.

I clenched my fist, frustrated and went back to my room in quick steps, slamming the door behind me.

****

I frowned, annoyed as I walked into my office. There was a bouquet of pink roses. Alejandro sent me flowers twice in a day: one of them he sent to my office, the other one to my penthouse in the evening, but I threw all of them. I didn't understand what he wanted. He didn't call me nor come to see me; he just sent flowers with notes.

After I had finished my paperwork in the evening, I grabbed my bag and left the company.

My eyes widened in surprise as I saw a familiar person in front of me.

"Alejandro..." I mumbled, confused.

He was leaning against his black Maserati, his hands in his pockets. He looked so handsome and sexy in his three-piece suit.

As he saw me, he straightened and approached me, giving his charming smile.

"Andrea." He said huskily, looking into my eyes.