2

Her parents reluctantly agreed to allow her to go to Hogwarts with Ron. On the plus side, she would only have to deal with half her family. But it did include Ron who was determined to not let her out of his sight. At all. It was rather annoying and she knew it'd only get worse when they got to Hogwarts. He insisted on sharing a trolley with her and made sure to keep the same pace as her walking right beside her, never allowing her to fall behind or walk ahead. She was relieved when they came to the station.
"I'll go after Ronald!" She volunteered, and pushed her brother to the wall between platforms nine and ten. He grinned widely, happy she was finally warming up to him again. He ran at the brick wall, and disappeared. His mother looked at her expectantly and she bent down. "Looks like I've forgotten to tie my shoelaces. It's dangerous to run with untied laces. Someone else will have to go while I fix them." She said innocently. Molly shook her head disapprovingly.

"Alright, Percy. You go." Molly nudged her eldest son forward. He ran into the wall as Alexandra pretended to still be tying her laces. Molly turned to one of the twins. "Fred, you next."

"He's not Fred, I am." The other one spoke up, sounding offended.

"Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother." The twin Molly spoke to shook his head.

"Oh, I'm sorry, George." Molly rubbed her head, as though wiping away the headache that was forming.

"I'm only joking. I am Fred." He grinned, running through the wall before his mother could reply. George followed him straight away.

"Excuse me!" A boy stopped them. "I was wondering- could you tell me how to-"

"Get on the platform?" Molly cut him off and he nodded. "Yes, not to worry dear. It's Alexandra's first time to Hogwarts as well. And Ron, though he's already through the barrier."

"Alex." The girl insisted. "I'm Alex."

"Now," Molly ignored her. "all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms nine and ten. Best to do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, before Alexandra."

"Alex." The girl repeated.

"Good luck." Ginny told the boy with a small smile. A year before, Alexandra would have teased her little sister on what seemed like the beginnings of a crush, but it wasn't a year earlier. Instead Alexandra scowled and followed the boy to platform nine and three quarters.

"Alexandra!" Ron said.

"It's Alex, Ron!"

"I'm not calling you Alex. Ever. You hated that name, just as much as you hated calling me Ron."

"Well I'm over it. You should be too." She snapped.

"Alexandra!" Molly scolded. Alexandra just huffed and folded her arms.

"Where are the twins?" Alexandra tried to direct attention off her. Molly's eyes widened as she looked around.

"Fred? George?" She called. "Are you there?"

"Coming, mum!" The twins chorused from the train. Molly noticed something on Ron's nose.

"Ron," She started taking out her handkerchief, and grabbed him. "you've got something on your nose."

"Mum, gerrof!" He pulled away, as the twins stood in front of them.

"Aww, has ickle Ronnie got somefink on his nosie?" Fred teased.

"Shut up!" Ron glared at his brothers.

"Where's Percy?" Molly asked.

"He's coming now." Ginny pointed out.

"Can't stay long, Mother." Percy said. "I'm up front. The prefects have got two compartments to themselves-"

"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" George frowned. "You should have said something. We had no idea."

"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it." Fred added. "Once-"

"Or twice-"

"A minute-"

"All summer-"

"Long." Fred finished.

"Oh, shut up." Percy scowled.

"How come Percy gets new robes, anyway?" George asked.

"Because he's a prefect." Molly smiled. "All right, dear. Have a good term and send me an owl when you get there." She kissed Percy on the cheek and he walked away. She turned to Fred and George, but Alexandra got in front of her mother.

"Mum, I'm going to go find a compartment. Goodbye." She said. She quickly gave her mother a hug and a kissed, picked up her trunk and ran off. She found the compartment of the boy from earlier. "Can I sit here?" She asked. He nodded and she sat next opposite him. She brought out a book and started to read, aware of her family still talking outside. They were quite loud.

"You've got a nice family." The boy said. Alexandra just shrugged. They heard the twins tell the rest of the Weasleys that the boy sitting in front of Alexandra was Harry Potter. Alexandra didn't react, but Harry moved away from the window.

"The twins' reactions will probably be the most laidback you'll get all year." She remarked, not looking up from her book.

"Aside from yours." He pointed out. She shrugged once more.

"If Ron asks you stupid questions like whether he can see your scar or something, feel free to tell him no. He was dropped on his head as a baby, never really knows the meaning of boundaries or tact."

"He's your twin?"

"No, I'm a year and a half older. Didn't get the chance to go to Hogwarts last year, so.." She trailed off. She continued reading.

"Are you going to be a first year, then?" She didn't really give him a proper answer. Just a grunt that vaguely implied yes. "Do you know what house you'll be in?"

"I hope Ravenclaw. Definitely not Gryffindor."

"Why not?"

"Because it's where all my brothers are. And probably where Ron'll end up."

"Don't you get along with your family?"

"It's complicated." She shrugged. Ron appeared.

"Excuse me, do you mind?" Ron asked, walking in. "Everywhere else is full."

"No, not at all." Harry smiled.

"I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley." The twins popped up.

"Hello, Ron, Alexandra."

"Alex." She muttered, bitterly.

"Listen, we're going down the middle of the train." George grinned.

"Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there." Fred added.

"Right." Ron mumbled.

"Harry, did we introduce ourselves?" Fred asked and, without bothering to wait for a reply, carried on. "Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother, and Alexandra, our sister."

"My name is Alex."

"You hate being called Alex."

"No, I hated being called Alex. I'm quite fond of it now."

"Well, we have to go. See you later, then."

"I'll come with you." Alex stood up, suddenly.

"You freaked out when Fred and George put a toy spider on your bed and took three baths before you felt okay." Ron pointed out.

"Exactly." She walked out and hurried after her brothers. Ron looked dejected.

"Don't be fooled by her meanness." Ron said to Harry. "She used to be the sweetest person ever."

"Can I ask what happened?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. She was kidnapped last year. I saw a man take her and she didn't show up until last month. She claimed she ran away, and that she was never kidnapped and refuses to say anything else. She's been different ever since."