Chapter 45

Laeticia's POV

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask me.

I really can't explain how I am feeling right now.

I know I shouldn't feel this much for remembering a friend but I can't help it.

I'm so happy. I am very happy.

I really can't understand why I am feeling this much happiness and relief at the same time. I can't help myself so I smiled at him happily.

"It was nice seeing you again, Ethan." I said.

Also...

I missed you.

***
Ethan's POV

I was just hoping to greet the Ross couple then go to a secluded place after that.

But who would have thought that as soon as I entered this huge place, someone suddenly bumped into me.

I almost had a heart attack!!! Your Mom!!

Then I look at that person and I almost choked myself.

It was Laeticia!

I honestly don't know how I will talk to her again considering she didn't visit me again for days now plus she doesn't really remember me. I feel ashamed whenever I remember how I shamelessly talked to her aaa!!

Then I noticed she was pale and looked in pain. So I naturally asked her if she were alright.

Then she looked up at me.

And flashed me that happy face. Her complexion suddenly bloomed and her green eyes twinkled.

With her platinum blonde hair that twinkled due to the hall's lights and the chandelier above us, a strand of hair clinging to her face with light sweat and her pristine white dress...

Her youthful appearance suddenly transformed into a breathtakingly beautiful visage as soon as she beamed me that smile full of happiness and innocence.

I don't know why but...

In that moment, it felt like my world and heart suddenly stopped...

And suddenly there were only two of us in that moment.

I wonder why..

But that soon ended as I noticed a flash of camera in our direction.

I naturally turned my back at the reporter and shielded Laeticia from the hungry paparazzi.

She seemed surprised at my sudden movement.

"Sorry, there are reporters around." I said.

I hope they didn't take any photo of us. It might create a misunderstanding and her reputation will surely hurt considering she's engaged to the supposedly famous 'elusive young master in town'.

I must clear up this misunderstanding.

I stepped back from Laeticia. She suddenly seemed surprised and a bit..