Darkbug

Ladybug sunk down onto her knees, as the tears that she had held back finally flowed, like a dam that had burst. She didn't care if anyone saw her on the Eiffel Tower, as long as they didn't disturb her.

She remembered their faces, their glares and taunting. She remembered walking into class and seeing her precious sketchbook torn to pieces on the ground. Right beside her former best friend.

Before entering class, she was already not in the best of moods. Marinette had woken up late, due to an akuma attack late last night, and didn't have time to tie her hair into pigtails. Instead, she settled on a simple ponytail.

Then, right as she stepped foot into the class, she heard the shredding of paper. Of course, she didn't think much of it until she witnessed Alya toss a familiar book onto the floor carelessly, with the class laughing near her.

Sobs racked up in her chest, as tears threatened to spill. Ivan had noticed her near Miss Bustier's desk and pointed her out to everyone. They all focused their attention onto the class president.

Marinette scanned her classmates' faces. Some, like Alya, Rose and most of the girls had a guilty expression, whilst Lila had the biggest grin on her face.

As she sprinted out she bumped straight into Adrien Agreste, and when he saw her expression he immediately asked, "Marinette, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

There was no answer to his question. She ran off, leaving him baffled until he noticed the tense atmosphere in the classroom.

A faint flutter caught her attention, but by then it had already been absorbed into something she was wearing. Her head suddenly jerked up, posture instantly becoming straighter as she heard a man speak.

"It's not fair, is it? How everyone so easily believed that liar and turned against a person who has helped them so much? Well, Darkbug, I am Hawk Moth. I will give you the power you need to seek revenge on those who betrayed you and bring mercy to those with good hearts. All I ask in return is your miraculous, after you've collected your partner's. So, do we have a deal?"

Marinette didn't even have to think about it. She was going to bring suffering to those who hurt her, especially that fox, Lila.

"Yes, Hawk Moth, we do."

Ladybug pulled off her earrings, allowing herself to detransform as purple bubbles flowed over her clothes. After they had disappeared, she placed the jewellery inside her new yo-yo for safekeeping and jumped off of the Paris monument to begin her plan.

~*~*~

"Plagg, I really messed up..."

Adrien slumped onto his bed, and stared up at his ceiling. All that he could see was the face of Marinette as she appeared to be using all of her strength to not break down in front of him in the school corridor.

"Yeah, you definitely have kid," Plagg agreed, floating beside him.

"You know, you're not helping," he deadpanned, only to get a scoff in return.

"Not helping? The superhero Chat Noir let his classmate have rumours spread by someone he knew was lying! And, might I add, visited the classmate at night to comfort her yet did nothing to stop what was happening to her! I told you that you should have done something."

"I know, I just..." he trailed off, and sat up from his bed. "I never knew that her best friend would rip up her life's work like that. Especially since she knew how important it was to her."

"You know, I would go check on her. After something like that, I would be feeling a lot of negative emotions."

Adrien sighed, and walked over to his bedroom window where he had a perfect view of the Paris skyline. He couldn't help but think about what she was thinking.