Chapter 36-Biana

I was so  so so excited!!! We were finally, finally, FINALLY planning our Winnowing Galas! the carriage ride there wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. Marella, Linh, Sophie and I all got a larger carriage while Mom agreed to take the smaller one. 

We talked about loads of stuff, like dresses, and designs for the Galas and where we would have them. 

"I guess I'll do it at Haven field," Sophie said shrugging. "Grady and Edaline have a room already for it." 

"I can do it at my place," Marella said. "We'll just change the dining room to a ballroom. Boom. Gala ready!"

"What about me?" Linh asked. "Where me and Tam live isn't big enough for a Gala..." 

"You can have it at Everglen after mine!" I said excitedly. 

"Thanks!" Linh said happily. 

We finally arrived at the most esteemed shops for woman's dresses. The men's shops were on the other side of Atlantis. I wondered how it was going for them over there. 

We arrived at the first shop, a towering five story building with glowing lanterns. It looked beautiful on the outside. 

Mom stepped out of the carriage behind us and sighed as she looked at the building. Then, she excitedly squeezed my shoulder. 

"Biana, this is where I got my Gala dress," Mom said. "I hope that you girls can find one you like in here too!" 

As we stepped in, I immediately could tell why Mom had picked here first. 

There were more dresses then the eye could see, and I had to admit, even I wouldn't have been able to come up with all of these. The fabric was smooth and silky, and the dresses varied from every size, every shape, and every color imaginable!

Linh gasped as she entered, and then almost looked like she was about to cry. 

"What's wrong?" Marella asked. 

"They're-they're-they're so beautiful," Linh gasped sadly, as she reached out to touch a short midnight blue dress with a cute yellow sash and a pale yellow trim. I would never be able to pull it off, but Linh definitely could. "And I can't wear them." 

"Why?!" Sophie, Marella and I cried out in sync. 

"I-I-I don't have any money," Linh said sadly, tracing the sash of another dress, (Silver with a metallic gold shine.) 

"That's the problem?!" I asked incredulously, for a second forgetting we were in a public building. "Mom will pay for all our dresses!" 

"Of course I will girls!" Mom said. 

Sophie and Linh immediately began to protest. 

"I can dig out an old dress to wear!" Linh said, waving her hands to shoo away Mom's money. 

"I can pay! I'll pay for my own!" Sophie said. 

"No, no!" Della said. "I insist. You girls have fun. Remember, this is the first shop of many!  I'm going to get some new shoes. Have fun! I'll be on the fourth floor!"

Mom ran off excitedly towards the fourth floor (Mom loved shopping almost as much as me) and Sophie looked around the large shop. "This is only the first shops first floor?" She asked, sounding almost afraid. 

"This shop had 5 floors Soph," Marella said, elbowing Sophie and laughing. 

I clapped my hands in excitement. "This is always the best part!!" I squealed. Shopping was always so fun! "Let's goo!!!"