-8-

CHAPTER EIGHT | MORNING AFTER

Pyro's P.O.V.

It's Friday morning, and I'm finally out of heat. It felt so great to awake and feel well-rested for a change and not waking up to the sound of howling. The wound on my back is healing faster now, and it should be healed by tonight.

After the whole boy in my bed situation , I've isolated myself from everyone. Barricaded the door to mainly keep my father out, which made me surprise he didn't come through a wall yet. I slowly began to move and put back the items I use to block my door. Part of me still didn't want to see his face, but I was hungry, and food is calling my name.

Moments later, everything was clear from my door. I open it and poke my head out, trying to see where everyone was. The smell of food fills my nostrils, the sound of bacon frying, and biscuits in the over. All this was making my stomach rumble.

I followed my nose to the kitchen to see my mother humming as she cooks. She always been someone who loves to cook.

She stops what she was doing when she noticed me and made her way to me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank the heavens!" She whispered as she continues to hug me.

"I was only in my room," I told her, but she just shook her head in denial.

Like most mothers, she is overprotective and overly dramatic at times. Though she was a fantastic fighter, she could get emotional. She is the type that would hug a minute too long and feed you till you are about to burst.

"Are you hungry?" she asked.

"Starving," I told her as I went to sit at the table.

For the past few days, I hardly ate anything but chocolate. Now that I'm out of heat, I felt like I have eaten in years. My mother placed a plate of food in front of me, which made my stomach growled.

"When most shewolves go through the cramps and howling, eating is the last thing on their mind," she explains to me.

When I thought about being in heat these past few days, she was right. The only thing I could think of was wanting the pain and howling to stop. Food was the last thing on my mind.

"There is a lot more if you're still hungry," she went on to say as she made herself a plate and sat at the table "I know you haven't eaten anything in days."

"What about everyone else?" I asked her, even though I'm going to get seconds, I want to make sure everyone gets something.

"Your father took them out for breakfast," I could feel her staring at me. "I needed to talk to you alone."

I look up from my plate at her. She was calm, yet her eyes told me she was nervous.

"About?" I ask.

"About you and your wolf."

"Mom, not this again!" I groan, pushing my plate away, completely losing my appetite.

"Pyro, this is serious," she said, her voice sterner than before "we need to have this talk."

l wonder if it was that serious or just something I'm going to hear for the hundredth time.

"A white wolf hasn't been seen in two hundred years..."

My mother came from a pack called the Superiors, the only pack where a white wolf could be born. A white wolf is the most sacred and most desired of all wolves. Only a she-wolf from this pack can have a white wolf, and I prove that to be wrong since I have one. Certain she-wolves of this pack were blessed by the goddess she-wolf Lupa Pawa. Those who are chosen were giving her beauty and power over the elements. The few chosen ones were in her image, their hair turning white and eyes turning sapphire blue. Their wolf fur is white as snow and eyes of yellow gold, the image of Lupa Pawa's wolf.

Other packs envy the ones that were chosen by the goddess. That's why the pack was destroyed so long ago. The few survivors fled and hid into new packs, beginning a new.

Two hundred years past since a white wolf was born into this world. Only Lupa Pawa knows why I was born with one. My parents think of me as a blessing from the goddess herself.

Tasha's wolf is dark brown with a white underbelly while Ylva's wolf has honey brown fur.

"I know mom..." I told her, hoping she wouldn't tell the history of the white wolf. Every time we talk about my wolf, we end up talking about its history. "..I know."

"No, you don't!" she said, raising her voice as she moves to the chair next to me and takes hold of my hand. "The magnitude of having a pure white wolf is dangerous."

"We have done well so far..."

"But if words get out, that you can be claimed. It's going to affect all of us," my mother went into to explain to me, "I don't want nothing to happen to our family."

This made me think about how the Superiors were killed out of envy. They were Killed all because of their bloodline to Lupa Pawa.

"What we going to do?" I ask her.

"First, you are going to finish eating then shower," she replied as she stood up to put her plate in the sink. Then she turns back to me, "Then we heading home, we have a lot to do today."

I nodded and ate the rest of the food she had cooked. Then I was off to my room to shower and pack to head back home.

 Then I was off to my room to shower and pack to head back home

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh