VI

I had been a couple of weeks and I thought I've gotten the hang of my job. I got Mr. Valerian coffee on time, no spillage. Emails, though. Oh my the personal ones were and still are just wrong. Some were fans who made a whole essay confessing his love to Mr. Valerian and where their house would be. Others were them offering to pay if they could either sniff or touch him . Most were just straight up nudes. My eyes will forever be scarred. I realized then why he made someone else go through his emails.

Besides that tragedy I filed all the paperwork for that month easily.

When I was around him though I dropped the accent, since I think I made him uncomfortable. I don't think I'd ever made anyone act like he does when I talk. He's a whole different thing.

I did my usual two knocks on his door with coffee in hand. I stared down into the strong black coffee with its heat hitting my face. I wonder if I'm getting anywhere on his good side, if there is one.

"Come in, Ms. Travers." I opened the door and walked to his desk to set the coffee in the corner, next to the stack of envelopes lying aimlessly there.

"Is that all, sir." I asked before taking my leave.

"No, what did I say about filing relationships?" He asked. My eyes flicked around the room then back to him.

"File it if you are in one." I was confused why he was asking it.

"So you are breaking another rule, Ms. Travers." He clipped and I stood there quizzically.

"I'm not dating anyone Mr. Valerian." He stared at me with hardened eyes. My lips fell into a straight line.

"Watson Valerian." I was tempted to roll my eyes. I shook my head after he accused me.

"He's my friend." I said furrowing my eyebrows. He leaned back in his chair with his eyes still on me.

"Well, I need you to come a meeting, tonight."

"What for, sir?" I didn't think he really want or need me at a meeting.

"To be a third person." I stared at him in confusion. His eyes tore away from his laptop to look at me. People gossiped so much at the office, you know everything. Mostly from the women whispering to each other. They all talked about how they were going to be the third person for Mr. Valerian. I couldn't see why they wanted to be anything with him. He's basically a brick wall.

"A what, sir?" My lips pressed together, I stood there awkwardly waiting for a answer. His face didn't budge as his eyes burned into mine.

"Dress like you actually care too." He completely dodged my question. His eyes dropped back down to his computer wordlessly telling me to leave. I let out a small scoff and turned around to exit.

"Where did your accent go?" I stopped due to him speaking and turned to face him again.

"I thought it made you uncomfortable."

"And why would you think that?" His annoyance ran through every word of the sentence. I stood there slightly rocking back and forth, with no answer.

"Because you said something about me not knowing simple English, so I thought sounding American might put me in a better situation." My accent slipped half way through my explanation.

"Don't make judgment calls for me, you understand. Don't lose you accent for a dumb reason." I nodded.

"Yes, sir." I stopped with the American accent and turned to leave.

"You were in there longer than usual." I jumped and spun around to see Lilah looking at me suspiciously. Over the past months we've gotten closer. She's also been teaching me some other languages when we have nothing to do, so it was rare.