Isaac Lahey x Reader

"y/n!" I heard Derek call my name and groaned.  My brother was great, and I know he needed me around the loft to help out as much as I could, but he's been driving me insane.
"What Derek?" I said, closing my textbook and looked at him from my spot on the sofa.  He was standing at is big table, papers everywhere as he basically brooded over it.  He was such a drama queen sometimes.
"Can you do me a favor?"
"I always do, don't I?"
"So Cora and I need-"
"Protein drinks or something?" I asked, already getting up from the couch and walking to the door.
"Actually yeah I think we're out.  But we need batteries, like a lot of batteries" I nod, pulling on my jacket and slipping on converse.  I slipped my phone into my pocket and opened up the door.  "Be safe!" I turned and revealed a flash of my golden eyes, giving a wink.
"No one's gonna mess with me" I smirked, and was on my merry way.  No, I didn't like waiting on Derek hand and foot, but I absolutely loved when he let me do the shopping by myself.  Because I was never just by myself.
Once I was safely around the corner of our building, and out of earshot of my psycho older brother, I pulled out my phone and clicked on my most recent contact.  He picked up right away.
"y/n!" He said cheerfully.
"Hey Isaac" I said, a slight blush on my cheeks.  "I'll be at the convenience store in about ten minutes, wanna-"
"I'll meet you there in a few" He stated before I could finish.  I laughed and told him I'd see him in a bit, then hung up the phone.
Yep, I was dating my brother's beta.  I had been for the past three months, and our system really worked.  At school we could be together as much as we wanted, it didn't matter there.  It mattered when he was at the loft.  Because if Derek knew I was dating him, he'd flip his shit and get way more overprotective than necessary.  I didn't need him getting like that towards the both of us.  I loved Isaac, not that he knew it yet, and I trusted him.  W ehad history together.
I'd been friends with Isaac for a while, since middle school really.  I was the first to know about his father's abusive tendencies, and I was the one to tell him about the supernatural town we lived in.  Especially how my family was tied into it.  He came to me, begging for the bite, but I didn't want him to have it.  He begged me to ask Derek, and I'd refused.  I wasn't aware that my brother had gone behind my back to give it to him until it was too late.  For a while I held a grudge against the both of them, but I couldn't stay mad forever.  Derek was pretty much my only family (Cora tended to be on her own) and Isaac I had had a crush on since we became friends.
When we'd become closer to McCall's pack, to the point of practically having merged packs really, I'd grown close to Lydia.  Who... sort of found out about my crush on Isaac... and sorta blabbed about it randomly one day at lunch.  For a whole two seconds I was furious, eyes glowing claws extended and canines begging to rip her throat open.  Until Isaac grinned at me and told me he liked me too.  Then went back to his lunch and said he'd take me out friday night.
Since then we've been even more inseparable.  Unless we're around Derek of course.  Sour wolf of a brother just ruins everything.
When I'd arrived at the store, Isaac was sitting there on the curb right outside it.
"Hiya!" I grinned, walking up to him with a slight skip as he stood up.
"Hey little Hale" He said with a shit eating grin as he wrapped his arms around me.
"You know some day I'll attack you for calling me that" I said, but he shrugged and pecked my lips.
"I'll win" He said.  I rolled my eyes and he wrapped an arm around me as we entered the store.  "So um, speaking of Hales-"
"No"
"But you haven't even heard what I was gonna say yet" Isaac pouted.  I gave him a look as I picked up a basket.
"I already know what you were going to say.  You were going to say that it's time to tell my brother we're dating" I saw him frown and knew I was right.
"Okay so yeah..." Isaac rubbed the back of his head and I gave him a sad smile.  "That's a no... isn't it?"
"Isaac..." He sighed slightly, arm dropping from my shoulders.  But I grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers.
"I know-"
"You know he'd lose it... he'd hate me, he'd hate you-"
"Hates a strong word y/n" Isaac huffed a little as I grabbed a small bottle of orange juice from the freezer aisle.
"Alright well... what if he kicked you out of his pack? What if you became an omega?" I squeezed his hand.  "See? Derek's a great brother but... he's too over protective" You looked up at him, and he finally met your eyes.  "He wouldn't let us be together anymore" I said softly, squeezing his hand again.
"You're right..." Isaac sighed and I frowned.
"I'm sorry, Isaac" I said quietly, my brows furrowing as I looked at him.  Though his eyes were downcast.  "Maybe someday... long from now" He held my my hand in both of his, placing a kiss on the back of it, then my knuckles.
We continued on my mini shopping trip, mostly in silence.  For a while I thought he was mad, but when I'd look at him he just seemed peaceful.  As was I, it wasn't often these days that we were able to see each other.  When I paid for the items, with money I took from Derek (seeing that he was the one who needed me to go grocery shopping so badly).
"So why does Derek need ten packs of batteries?" I shrugged and chuckled.
"I usually don't ask what he's doing, less I know, less I have to explain to Sheriff Stilinski" Isaac chuckled, and released my hand to wrap an arm around me again as we walked out of the store.  I turned, holding the plastic bag in my hand and hugging him tightly.  This is the part where we split up and go separate ways.  Isaac rubbed my back, kissing my head a few times.
"Maybe tomorrow night you can go on a walk in the Preserve..." I chuckled slightly.
"Yeah, a nice relaxing walk sounds nice" I hummed.  I pulled back slightly and smiled up at him sweetly.  Then leaned up on the very tips of my toes to plant my lips on his.  It was a long, sweet kiss, how we normally ended our nights.  And when I pulled back again, I was breathless.  But I managed a big smile and one more quick peck.
"See you tomorrow then?" I nodded.
"See you tomorrow" I confirmed.
"Alright then" He softly pressed his lips to my forehead.  "Get home safe"
"You too" I replied quietly before he walked off the opposite direction I was going.  I watched for a few minutes, not wanting to go home just yet.
Maybe he was right, maybe I was the wrong one.
I guess we'll see.

Credit: just-jordie-things.tumblr.com