31

Please read author note at the end of this chapter. ITS VERY IMPORTANT!

ELLANORE

"I knew you'd come to me sooner or later." Smiling, Ms. Newell continued to move across the kitchen as she worked on preparing dinner. Tonight there were a few people from a new pack joining us and from what I'm understanding having them here was very important. Beau has made it very clear to me that I needed to make a great first impression.

With a sheepish look on my face I sat down on a stool facing the island. It's been over two weeks since I've attempted to pester Beau for answers and he's managed to dodge me ever since. I couldn't even begin to describe how annoyed I was, but what little patience I had I was slowly starting to lose. I needed answers and if Beau refused to be the one to explain things I was hoping that Ms. Newell would.

"He wants to keep me in the dark." Ms. Newell knew Beau much better than I do. So I'm sure she knows just how headstrong he is.

Letting out a soft light hearted laugh, she placed a few pies in the oven before turning to face me. "Beau is a very guarded man and he has his reasons. But I can understand how frustrating it may be when he doesn't let you in." Looking off as if she were thinking over what she wanted to say, Ms. Newell placed her oven mitts on the counter. "You have to be patient with him. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but as I always say, patience is the primary key to building a healthy relationship."

Thinking over what she said I slowly nodded my head in understanding. I've been working on controlling my anger and my tolerance for being patient. It's been hard but I managed to get it under control all on my own. I completely understood what Ms. Newell was saying when she said that I should give Beau some time to come to me on his own. He's been so stressed lately, it was the least I could do. No matter how badly I wanted answers.

"Could you at least explain to me why everyone thinks I'm the Luna?" With pleading eyes, I expectedly gazed towards Ms. Newell. "That's the one thing Beau doesn't want me to know and I have no idea why."

Shaking her head in disappointment Ms. Newell grabbed her oven mitt and turned to the oven to check her pies. "Do you believe in soul mates?"

"Yes." I answered without a doubt. I don't remember much from my childhood but I do remember the relationship between my parents and it was truly something amazing. The love that the two of them had for each other was so pure and the bond they shared was strong. I always dreamed of having that with someone one day. Though over the years I sort of lost hope on that considering my life was never really my own to live anymore.

"Well when your a wolf the moment you're born the goddesses and gods binds your soul with another. A mate." After checking over the pies, she closed the oven and dropped her oven mitt back onto the counter. "A mate is like your other half. When you meet them it's like your whole life is complete, things that were never clear just seems to suddenly make sense. You'll do whatever to protect that person, no matter the cost or repercussions."

"Does Beau have a mate?" I hated to ask. I couldn't even hide the jealousy brewing within me as I waited for Ms. Newell to answer.

"Yes he does."

"Well who is she then?" If Beau has a mate it's highly disrespectful of him to have me sleeping in his room. We've never even went as far as touching each other but, I know if I were to have a mate, the last thing I'd expect him to do is sleep in a bed with some girl he hardly even knew.

"He'll have to explain that to you himself hun. Just know that when you find your mate you'll know. Your wolf will feel more alive, your body will start to get warm and tingly. Even if you're standing in a room full of people, your mate will be your only focus."