Chapter 17

Camila, however, was doing her best to step down from the clouds and stars and find her way back to earth. It wasn't easy but she managed. She stopped shaking, even as she felt a few last pulses of her orgasm slip through her, and also rolled onto her back. She looked over at Lauren who was smiling back at her.

"Ok, ok, fuck, you win," Camila said, shocked at the fact that words were still within her grasp. "I'm a fucking lesbian now, you happy?"

Lauren knew that Camila was trying to sound smart and sarcastic but she just smiled. She wasn't going to force the issue. Whatever they did after this night was in Camila's hands. Lauren just knew she'd made a pretty persuasive argument.

"Not bad, huh?" Lauren smiled as she stared into Camila's eyes,

"Not at all," Camila said dreamily. "A solid B or B-plus."

"Bitch, please," Lauren scoffed. "You called me your fucking daddy."

"I didn't," Camila lied. "And I'm going to sue you for such vicious and unfounded slander in the morning."

Lauren was in the middle of thinking of a response to that when she noticed that Camila had fallen into a deep and contented sleep. She looked over and saw that, on a small nightstand beside the bed, Camila's alarm clock read three o'clock in the morning. They'd been fucking for nearly three hours straight. Lauren, who knew she still had to wake up in a few hours, grimaced a little before leaning over to give Camila a tender kiss on the forehead. Lauren drifted into her own sleep, letting Camila hog the covers. As the joke went, Lauren had the tendency to smoke after good sex.

The bus station was relatively quiet at this time of morning. Aside from a few stragglers and a couple of fellow soldiers, the only ones there seemed to be Lauren and Camila. Lauren had managed her few hours of sleep before she'd risen to the beeping of her watch. She'd wanted to let Camila sleep in, knew Camila had deserved it after all they'd done the night before, but Camila would have none of it. Camila got up with Lauren and had driven her to the bus station.

Looking at her, Lauren still felt her breath being taken away. Camila probably felt as though it was a plain, simple dress she was wearing and, Lauren had to admit, it would have been on most. On Camila, however, her curves were hugged tightly and even the modest neckline showed more cleavage than most women could have managed on their best days.

Back at her apartment Lauren had thought about pressing her luck, going in for a goodbye fuck in the morning, but she'd known that time wouldn't have allowed it even if Camila would have. Lauren also didn't want to come face-to-face with the possibility that, after the heady rush of sex had subsided, Camila might have firmly stuck to her rule.

Lauren knew that Camila had been right. There was something very valuable about her last memory of the States before deployment being of her one night with Camila and being reminded that was all it was would have soured it slightly. So Lauren simply straightened her uniform and smiled.

Her brief moment of peace being interrupted by the scratchy sound of the PA. "Attention passengers, the bus for Columbus will be departing in fifteen minutes. Please make your way to the boarding area."

"Well, that's me," Lauren said, smiling at Camila weakly. Lauren didn't feel anywhere near as bitter as she had before she'd met Camila. There were parts of her that were even looking forward to be back among her company and fellow soldiers. Still, as strange as it was, she felt a pang of sadness of leaving Camila.

Lauren had to give her head a shake. She'd made fun of Lucy for how quickly she'd fallen for her and now Lauren was fighting feelings of a startling depth for someone she'd only known for four days and who had insisted that theirs was not to be a relationship past two wonderful nights.

"Well, go then. Proclaim liberty through all the lands and to the inhabitants thereof," Camila said with a smile.

"What?"

Camila giggled. "It's from a movie, never mind."

Around them, others were saying their goodbyes and shuffling towards the bus. Lauren took another look at Camila, the last she might take for nearly a year. Same as the first time, Lauren had to marvel at just how beautiful she was, how just the sight of her made Lauren want to throw her down, tear her clothes off that marvelous body and fuck her with all her power. The fact that Lauren had actually done that the night before didn't dull her desires one iota.

And there was more, the humour, the sweetness, the take-no-shit attitude. As Lauren tried to steel herself for her goodbye, she knew there was more that she needed to say. She took a step towards Camila and stared deeply into those brown eyes, eyes that Lauren  swore were doing their own best to stay composed.

"Camila, I love--" Lauren started before catching herself. Truth was, Lauren herself wasn't sure how she wanted that sentence to end. She definitely didn't want to put Camila on the spot like that either. She could see Camila's eyes widen a little before Lauren spoke quickly to try and resolve the sentence she'd left open. "I loved fucking you."

Camila's lips spread into her wide smile as she closed her eyes and looked towards the ground.

"I loved fucking you too," Camila said softly before looking back up at Lauren. "So hurry back, ok? Because you've got one more."

Lauren chuckled and nodded. She knew that she needed to catch her bus, knew that everyone else had boarded, which meant they were probably looking at her. Lauren resigned herself to walking away, boarding the bus and leaving Camila behind for the time being. As she tried to turn to walk away, however, a competing instinct kept her rooted in place, not allowing her to take a step. Lauren knew what that instinct was and how to satisfy it. She felt a tremendous freedom knowing that she could satisfy that instinct without fear of repercussions.

"Fuck it," Lauren said defiantly as she grabbed Camila in her arms and kissed her. It was a deep kiss, strong and firm. Her hands wrapped around the small of Camila's back and bent her backwards slightly with the force of their kiss.

Camila, albeit taken by surprise, returned the kiss strongly, resting her hands lightly on Lauren's shoulder as their lips pressed together softly and their tongues gave the slightest push.

It was a kiss that Lauren hoped would say what she hadn't been able to a second before, but even if it failed at that, it was a hell of a kiss.