Epilogue

"Specialist Jauregui!" shouted the male voice. Ordinarily Lauren would have snapped to attention but she knew the voice. It was just mail call. Still, it did surprise her. The only person Lauren got mail from was her grandmother and a fresh batch of cookies had just arrived a week earlier.

Lauren stood up wearily from her table. She'd been trying to enjoy a meal after a long day. She was now two months into her deployment and some of her familiar fatigue, boredom and stress had again crept back inside her. Unsurprisingly, things had fallen apart a little without her and Lauren was spearheading a yeoman effort to clear a backlog of busted Humvees, leaving her drained to the point of exhaustion. She was desperate to get back to her bunk to enjoy a few hours of downtime. She looked up and smiled at the young private delivering the mail and signed for it.
"More cookies, I guess," the private said as he handed her the small, brown box.

Lauren gave a pitying laugh at the predictability of her mail before instantly recognizing that this was not the same old package she tended to receive every few months. The return address was not her grandmother.

It was, in fact, from Camila Cabello. Care of O'Flaherty's Pub.

Lauren had, much like Camila had predicted, not been able to forget Camila or their night together for a single day of her deployment. While there were moments where she was alone and thought back fondly of it, the truth was that thinking of Camila and the things she could have been doing with her had made her time on the base even harder. The only thing keeping Lauren going on some days was the promise of that second night.

Lauren stood up and quickly rushed from the mess. Lauren had been quartered with a mechanic in another unit and she knew that her roommate was working a different shift than she was. That meant Camila's package could be opened in private. Lauren completed the trip from the mess to her barracks in record time, her heart pounding with anticipation. Arriving at her quarters, Lauren rushed to her room, locking the door behind her for good measure. She didn't know what she was expecting in her package but there was a strong desire on her part to see it privately. Lauren reached for her pocketknife and was soon tearing the brown paper wrapping open, doing the same to the packing tape.

Lauren laughed when she got it open. Inside was a small metal tin. Reaching in, Lauren carefully removed the top to reveal stacks of small chocolate chip cookies. Lauren laughed at her luck. She lifted the cookie tin out and set it on her desk.

As she did, she saw that there was something else in her package. A large manila envelope was packed tightly beneath the cookies. Lauren reached inside for it and could feel it was fairly thick. She undid the small red tie at the back of the envelope and reached inside.

They were pictures. High quality, glossy, eight by elevens. The first was of Camila. She was standing against what Lauren recognized as the wall in her apartment where they'd first kissed. The only thing Camila appeared to be wearing was the olive green regulation t-shirt that Lauren had left behind. Camila's hands were at the bottom of the shirt, tugging it down, stretching the material over her hips and covering herself.

On Lauren the shirt had been tight. On Camila, it was bigger. Lauren could clearly make out the outlines of the puffy nipples she'd so enjoyed having in her mouth. Her brown hair was slightly messy and she had no make-up on. She looked, Lauren thought, very much like she had the morning after their night together.

The other photos were similar. They were all risqué and revealing but not obscene or sleazy. The next was a side shot of Camila in her kitchen. This time she was in high heels, perfectly made up and with her hair done. There was a string of pearls around her neck. She was making what looked like the cookies she'd sent. The only thing she appeared to be wearing was a thin, white apron and there were patches of white flour on her cleavage. There was another with a yellow ribbon and bow around her chest, the material just wide enough to cover Camila's nipples, and only Camila's own hands strategically placed between her legs. There were others. One of Camila as a French maid, caught in an expression of surprise. Camila in what looked like bridal lingerie and a veil. Each photo had a message written on the back in red lipstick. There was "34F-24-37", "Keeping the home fires burning", "Untie my Yellow Ribbon" and various other sexually suggestive notes. The very last simply read, "Your very own pin-up girl."

Lauren moaned half in frustration and half in pleasure. Each photo was one of the sexiest things she had ever seen. Looking at them, how it looked as though Camila had used all of her skills to faithfully represent the style Lauren had mentioned and how Camila herself fit so well into them, Lauren could barely believed that what she was looking at was a real woman, one she had been with. The thought brought a familiar feeling to Lauren. Suddenly Lauren was very glad she had her bunk to herself for a few hours.
That was not the only treat for Lauren in the envelope. A disc also fell out as Lauren turned it upside down. Lauren reached for her old laptop and booted it up, cursing the slowness of technology as it creaked its way to life. Eventually though, the machine powered on and the disc tray opened. Lauren inserted the disk and clicked it open.

There were audio and video files. Lauren's hands were almost trembling as she opened one of the video files. The image on her screen became one of Camila, standing in her living room and staring into the camera

"Hey baby," Camila's voice said. "Hope this picks you up."

The quality wasn't great but Lauren could clearly make out enough. Music came on in the background and Camila began swaying her hips. Then the clothes started coming off. Lauren hit close. She didn't even know why. She just wanted to see if they were all like that. Lauren eagerly opened an audio file named "ALONETIME."

"Hey baby," cooed Camila's seductive voice as the file opened, "I thought maybe, when you get some alone time, after a hard day of dispatching our nation's enemies, you might want to lay back, get comfy, start thinking of me. Of what we did that night. Maybe unbuckle your pants. Remember how you fucked me. How you took me. How you made me scream and moan for you. How you fucked me like nobody ever had. Remember my taste, my sounds, my smells."

Lauren smiled as she leaned back in her bed. She remembered. It was vanilla and jasmine. She did as the tape suggested, sliding her hand below the waistband of her fatigues.

"Remember baby, how I was between your thighs, sucking you..."