Preparations

Y/n sat with her back pressed against Tomura's chest. The blue-haired villain was resting his head on her shoulder. An arm firmly wrapped around her waist. Y/n's smoke bombs were spread out along the bed in front of them. She mentally counted and recounted each black orb as y/n decided whether or not she wanted to keep so many on her.

"Toga has more than enough blood," a raspy voice said. Y/n listened to Tomura. Although she was willing to throw in her input, she knew Tomura was thinking aloud and didn't need it. "Kurogiri retrieved a car key from the doctor. So Toga will be driving into Tartarus. Where would that car be hiding?"

Y/n leaned her head back and thought about it. "There's a parking garage a few blocks away from the bookstore." Y/n vividly remembered passing by it when Kurogiri sent her to the wrong location. "Won't it take too long to find, though?"

She felt Tomura shake his head. "Twice can speed up the process. I'll have him duplicate the key and send him, Toga and Compress out to go looking for it." Tomura sighed and rubbed his cheek into her neck. "It'll take a while, but not as long as you'd think."

"You said Himiko is going to drive into Tartarus?" y/n asked; "does she know how to drive?"

"Doubt it." Tomura lightly fidgetted with y/n's shirt collar and gently tugged at it. "Can you?" Y/n shook her head. "Spinner knows how to drive somewhat well. He will drive most of the way and trade-off with Toga later."

"And where will everyone else be?" y/n asked.

"Compress will use his quirk. Disguised as the doctor, Toga will smuggle us in. I had bought some explosives, but after our talk with that old man, I don't think they'll work anymore."

Y/n remembered Giran mentioning that Tomura had bought explosives in bulk. They've been sitting in boxes piled on the kitchen floor before Tomura had ever mentioned his Tartarus plan to anyone. "Even if they won't work on the doors, couldn't they be used as a distraction?"

Tomura chuckled close to her ear. "That's what I was thinking." He gave y/n a kiss on the cheek. "That's a good girl." Y/n felt her face flush.

"He said those doors were strong enough to keep the prisoners inside as well as keep everyone out." Tomura's reasonably light-hearted tone began to sound grim.

"That's impossible." Y/n tried her best to sound positive. "They can't account for every quirk. Surely either your quirk or Dabi's could open a door or two. And that's all you wanted, right? To prove to the world that The League can and will do whatever we want."

Tomura went silent for an uncomfortable amount of time. Y/n wondered if she was wrong, or maybe Tomura didn't like the tone she was using.

"Improbable, not impossible," Tomura finally said. "In your opinion, how much of what he said was a lie?"

Y/n paused and thought about it. "I can't say. I'm not that great at telling when other people are lying." Y/n anxiously chewed on her cheek. "I think it's best to assume he was telling the truth."

"Really?" Tomura asked. "Why's that?"

"Doors that can withstand any and all damage. Censors to indicate when a quirk is being activated. The amount of security around the prison in general. It sounds too secure to be real, doesn't it?" y/n asked. She paused, but Tomura didn't answer. "If we come up with a plan that's solid enough, it won't matter if he was bluffing or not. We'd be prepared."

Tomura was still just as quiet as ever. Y/n was beginning to regret talking in the first place, wondering if Tomura's silence meant she had said something stupid. The villain wrapped his other arm around y/n and pulled her in close. She felt Tomura's breath brush up against her skin. "Let's go talk to everyone else."