Chapter twenty five

“Andy Biersack and Juliet Simms, come here please” the DJ called. Andy and Juliet both made their way up to the stage. “Andy, you got the most votes, so you’re the hottest guy from this evening. Juliet, you are the hottest chick!” the DJ screamed and people cheered. “Andy, Tell us your favorite lyric you heard this evening, and from what song it was, after that you can kiss Juliet” The DJ said.

“My favorite lyric was; ‘Let’s delay our misery’. It is from Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry. And I’ll also explain why it was my favorite. At first I’ll start with this; I’m not going to kiss Juliet. That’s because I’m in a relationship.” He said. “We’ve been delaying our misery now for almost three weeks. People are going to hate us, more, and call us names.”  He said and his eyes crossed mine for a brief second. Then Andy walked over to my direction, I was standing at the first row, close to the podium. “And now we’re no longer going to delay our misery” Andy said and took my hand to help me onto the stage.

“Juliet, I’m the asshole who voted for him” Andy said and kissed me passionate. Everyone watched. “You fucking faggots!” Juliet screamed. “And that was one” Andy said, counting the names people would call us. “But we don’t fucking care because I love him!” Andy screamed and hugged me tight. The whole crowd started cheering and clapping their hands. It was an amazing feeling.

After a few minutes the DJ came with bad news. Well he thought it was bad news. “The school band’s cancelled tonight, so we don’t have a live band” he said. “We have!” Andy shouted. “What?” the DJ asked. Andy pointed at himself, me and his phone. “I have a band, give us twenty minutes, and get a bass guitar here and drums.” Andy said.

He took my hand and ran off stage, he ran outside with me.  “You can’t seriously do what I think you’re going to do” I said, as a smile crept on my face. “I can and I do, call CC I’ll call Jinxx” Andy grinned. I nodded and called CC. “Hey CC” I said. “Ashley, is everything okay? You should be at the prom” he said concerned. “I am but um… what are you doing right now?” I asked. “Nothing just drumming you know, I’m pretty bored. But Ashley; ARE YOU OKAY?” he asked again. “I’m good, I’m great to be honest, but um… we’ve got to perform so you’d better get your ass here” I grinned. “What?” CC screamed happily. “We’ve got to perform in seventeen minutes, take our song with you, and Hurry up!” I said. “Okay fuck yeah, okay I’m coming” he said and then hung up.

I ran over to Andy and saw he was finished calling too. “They’re coming!” he said enthusiastically. I hugged him tight and he kissed me passionate. It was dark outside and a bit cloudy, but I could vaguely see the moon shine through the clouds.

“Ehm” I heard someone cough. Andy and I broke apart to see the guys standing here. “Sorry” I smiled. “Never mind” they said. “You’ve got five more minutes!” a guy yelled to us. “Okay!” Andy yelled back.

“CC give me your make up” Andy said, CC had always make up with him, somehow. CC handed it to Andy. “Here,” Andy said and started taking off his suit, well the upper part. He untied his tie and put out his shirt. He started painting the make up all across his chest and arms. “What are you doing?” Jake asked chuckling. “War paint.”

“People think we’re filthy. Let’s show them we are!” Andy yelled. I put some war paint on my arms. And so did the guys. “Two minutes!” the guy yelled, again. “Yeah!” Andy yelled back. “But the song isn’t finished yet” I said. “Give me the paper” Andy said. CC handed it to him.

“Look, you put this chorus here and than those riffs there, and than that solo there and that as intro and then its okay” Andy said happily. “Andy, you’re a genius. Next time we’ll let you write a song under time pressure” Jinxx laughed. We gave each other all a hug. I looked up at the sky.