Chosen For What?

Chapter 62: Chosen For What?

———"Harry, is that Hermione?" I asked as I saw a tall figure hiding behind the curtains

———
"Harry, is that Hermione?" I asked as I saw a tall figure hiding behind the curtains.

Harry and I walked to the curtains.

"Hermione? What are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"And what happened to you?" I asked.

"I just escaped," she replied. "I mean- left Cormac under the mistletoe."

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" I asked.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." She said.

"Dragon tartares?" The waiter asked us.

"We're fine, thank you." Hermione said.

"They give horrible breath." I whispered to Hermione's ear, making her eyes wide.

"On second thought," she said then got the whole tray.

I watched as she stuffed her mouth with that horrible things. "It might keep Cormac at bay- oh, here he comes!" She said then handed Harry the tray then left, leaving Harry and I alone.

"I think she just went to powdered her nose."

Harry said as Cormac approach the both of us.

"Silly little minx, your friend." Cormac said then noticed me. "Oh, I didn't know the other beauty is here too." He said with a smirk.

"Leave me alone, McLaggen. Draco will be here anytime soon." I said with a glare.

He shrugged then grabbed a dragon tartare from the tray Harry is holding.

He ate it. "What's this?" He asked Harry.

"Uh," Harry glanced at it then at him. "Dragon balls."

Then Snape appeared. "Ms. Rosecharm-"

Then he was cut off by Cormac puking in his shoes, making me chuckle.

Cormac nervously met Snape's eyes.

"You just earn yourself a month detention, Mr. McLaggen." Snape said then Harry and I turned to leave.

"Not so fast, Potter. Especially you, Ms. Rosecharm." Snape added, making us halt.

"What is it, Professor?" I asked Snape.

"Is Mr. Malfoy with you?" He asked me.

"No, sir, but he told me he'll be here anytime soon." I said.

He nodded. "Excuse me, Ms. Rosecharm. I'll just borrow Potter here." He said.

I nodded then went to see Hermione hiding behind a table.

"Hello, 'Mione." I said.

"Thank goodness it's you." She said then stood.

"Well, Cormac did earn himself a month detention." I said.

She laughed. "Okay. Why?"

"He puked on Snape's shoes. He ate what Harry calls 'dragon balls.'"

"Oh my, that's embarrassing." She said.

Then I heard the door opened.

"Get your hands of me, you filthy squib!" I heard Draco's voice said.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in the third floor corridor. He claims to be invited to your party."

"Okay, okay! I was gate- crashing! Happy?" Draco exclaimed.

"You got it all wrong, sir. I invited Draco Malfoy as my date to this party." I told Filch.

"I'll escort Mr. Malfoy out." Snape said.

"Certainly, Professor." Draco said then went out with Snape.

Harry and I followed them then hid behind a wall.

"Maybe I hex that Bell girl, maybe I didn't. What is it to you?" Draco sneered.

Snape pushed him against the wall. "I swore to protect you. I did the Unbreakable Vow." He hissed.

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this. Out of all others, me! I won't fail him."

"You're afraid, Draco. You tempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you."

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment!"

I never heard Draco sound this dark right now.

"Chosen for what?" I mumbled.