9: Bert McCracken The Cockblock Police

"You just left him? With your brother? Are you stupid, Mikey?" Ray couldn't quite believe what he'd heard as his boyfriend returned with absolutely no sign of Frank whatsoever and an explanation that seemed to cause more problems than it solved.

"I told him." Ray looked up at that moment: all wide eyes, not quite meeting Mikey's, and a silence that lasted all too long indeed. "He hates me, of course, and Gerard's got this plotted down to absolute perfect and has therefore ensured that Frank absolutely loves him no matter what he is, and that I am of course the fucking antichrist here."

"You could have at least tried-"

"Don't even fucking start, Toro. I tried everything and still whatever I do, it's never good enough and whatever fucking bullshit Gerard does, no matter how messed up, it's always just perfect. I don't even fucking care about Frank anymore - he can ruin his own life if he damn well wants to." And with that Mikey barged into the back of the shop, falling down onto the sofa besides the mini fridge that Ray mainly used to store beer, and before he knew what was happening, he was fucking crying, and his whole world was falling apart because this was just something that he couldn't deal with.

"Mikey..." It didn't take long for Ray to compose himself before following his boyfriend round into the back, reflecting perhaps on the fact that maybe he had gone just too far, and abandoning Frank and the state of danger he really was in right now in favour of his boyfriend, because Ray really couldn't look Mikey in the eyes right now and tell him that he'd never messed up in their relationship.

"Go away..." Mikey mumbled into a pillow, Ray ignoring his request entirely as he sat down beside his boyfriend, leaving Mikey to catch his gaze and accept that Ray was not just going to 'go away' like this.

"I'm sorry." Ray whispered, playing with Mikey's hair, and the silence with which such a confession came was enough for them, for a while at least, because Ray could hardly spend more than five minutes without worrying about something or someone: the someone happening to be Frank.

"Should I just call Bob and ask him to sort out the whole problem with Frank?" Ray asked Mikey, who had just about fallen asleep where he now lay across the sofa with his head in Ray's lap.

He jerked up at that very moment, his eyes, brighter than usual, meeting Ray's with a look almost not placeable. "No. You know Bob will kill Gerard on sight and as much as I hate him, he is still my brother, and I would still mind if I had nothing left of the asshole he was."

"If he wasn't your brother, would you let me?" Mikey was quite sure where Ray was going with this at first, meeting him with a questionable gaze before an answer, but the answer came in eventuality nonetheless.

"Yeah." Mikey bit down on his lip as he spoke, hating how heartless he sounded, because although arrogant it did indeed sound, he didn't want to be quite like the rest of them; he wanted dignity at the very least, because at least he still reckoned there was a chance of peace in the town. "I would, but he is, so don't."

"I'm really worried about Frank, though." Ray couldn't help but continue; Mikey knew all too well that once Ray had started worrying, there wasn't a chance in hell that he was going to stop.

"You're really worried about everything, Ray." Mikey told him, but the comfort in his words was pretty much non-existent, as it seemed almost irrelevant, and if anything, taunting to the curly haired of the two.

"For a reason." He met his boyfriend's gaze as he spoke, emphasising his words via the medium of over exaggerated glances and glares. "Frank's in danger and you know it more than anyone: you know what Gerard's like, and you know that we can't just leave him, I mean what-"