Chapter 1

Giyuu dashed towards the new Upper moon with a tight grip on his hands.

The demon merely laughed at his attempt, as she easily dodged it and sent a kick towards his shoulder, sending him crashing to the nearest wall in the dimensional infinity fortress.

"Giyuu-san!"

He heared the worried cry of Tanjiro as he staggered to stand up again. Giyuu focused on his breathing to slow down his wounds from bleeding more and to counter the attack.

His face is stoic as always but his brows were crunched up due to the fatigue and injuries on his body. Giyuu and Tanjiro still hasn't recovered from their fight with the Upper moon 3, so they were not in a fit condition

But they needed to do this, for they are demon slayers and now is the time to end this all.

To kill Muzan, so that the rest of the demons will vanish with him. So never again, will innocent lives be lost to the hands of the demons.

In a swift moment, with his breathing techniques stable, Giyuu appeared behind the demon with an attack on his nichirin sword, the blade glowing an iridescent blue.

"Breath of Water Eight Style: Waterfall Basin"

The demon was mildly surprised, as Giyuu's attack cut off her right hand by the wrist, as she fluidly moved back.

She grinned with her sharp fangs as her hand immediately regenerated.

Giyuu frowned as he noticed that her regeneration ability surpassed the Upper moon that Tanjiro had beheaded.

They didn't know who this demon was, there were only supposed to be 6 Upper moons but looking at the lack of  numbers in her eyes, it seems that she was not a member of the Upper moons.

Giyuu heard a loud cry at his right and saw the others landing a fatal blow on Muzan. He felt hope bubble up in his chest at the sight but then as fast as he could, he focused back on his opponent who was also watching with wide terrified eyes.

"Muzan- sama! How dare you pests!"

Like she had forgotten about Giyuu's existance in total, she raised out her hand as she used her Demon Blood Technique in a low murmur.

Pale red light then begun to form into a beam that was heading straight into Tanjiro and Nezuko, who was in the middle of battle, too focused on their fight to noticed the small beam heading their way.

'I can't let this happen'

As the thought flew unto Giyuu's mind, his body was already moving on it's own. His steps were fast and hurried, as he chased after the beam.

His hoari fluttered as Giyuu decided to do the inevitable.

With a quick twist of his feet, he moved his body in front of the beam and it shot right through his chest.

His eyes widen as a piercing pain spread on his being.

The red and geometrically patterned hoari, bloomed a dark shade of red, as the blood begun to rapidly pour out.

Giyuu felt his knees go weak and he used his nichirin to help him to stand up despite the pain.

He had always knew that it was his fate to be sacrificed for the others. Because he was not like them, who were brave and had the spirit of a real demon slayer.

He was just a person who was lucky enough to survive and be a pillar, when the person more deserving of the title was dead.

But this time, he was willing to be brave.