{44 Today is the day pt4

{44 Today is the day Pt4

Your POV

''I ran upstairs packed my back and left the house with the intention of never coming back,'' Yoongi was silent for a moment to gather his thoughts to tell you the rest of the story, ''I even stole some of my parent's money. Thinking I was in my right to steal it because they had destroyed the equipment I had paid for myself.''

''Wel you weren't wrong, they didn't have the right to get rid of the equipment you bought,'' You agreed with him, ''but didn't they try to stop you?''

''Of course, they did, but I didn't let them,'' Yoongi started nervously fumbling with his hands, which told you the story was about to get more personal, ''Anyway, I didn't even have a plan, I lived off my parents money for a while but it soon ran out and I knew I needed to find a way to make money. I had the idea to sell my songs but how could I when I wasn't even able to write them without my equipment. There were just a few songs I still had, the ones in the lyric notebook I had on me the day they burned everything, one little notebook, was everything that was left. Then one day I met BigPipb an underground rapper by accident while practicing my songs under a bridge and he introduced me to the underground rap world. I was so fascinated by everything, it seemed like everything that had been looking for, the world where I belonged.''

''So that's how you became Gloss the underground rapper?'' You empathized with the word gloss and felt like a detective for knowing that had been his underground rap name.

''No not exactly,'' Yoongi smiled slightly, ''Where did you even find that information?''

''The internet knows everything,'' You winked at him.

''Yeah, sure. 'Don't believe everything they say. '' Yoongi scoffed before continuing his story, ''BigPip became my best friends on the street and I shared my lyrics book with him and he thought everything I wrote was awesome and said I could make real money with it. BigPip knew I needed money and said he knew a guy who might be interested in buying some of my songs. So I was stupid enough to give him my lyric notebook.''

''Oh no,'' You squeezed his shoulders tightly, by the tone of his voice and the use of the word stupid you knew something bad had happened, ''What did he do?''

''I trusted him you know? He was my best and only friend, I trusted him,'' Yoongi's fumbling got even more neurotic until he suddenly stopped and stuffed his hands under his tights hiding them, ''A week later he was giving a performance I went to watch him and he used my songs. The songs in my notebook he used them as if they were his own. At first, I felt proud, the crowd was cheering and seemed to love the songs, my songs. It was only after the concert when I talked to BigPip I realized what he had done. BigPip earned a lot of money with that concert. The crowd had loved the songs and I had suspected him to at least share some of it with me, he knew I needed it and it was the reason I gave him the notebook in the first place, but no. He even got mad at me for even asking it, when I asked why he was acting like this, we were friends right but started yelling and cussing at me. That I was just a little boy who didn't know how the real world worked. I told him it wasn't fair he used my songs and he knew I needed money to survive and he had promised to help me. When I said that he laughed cynically and asked what a little dipshit like me was going to do about it.''

''He betrayed you,'' You felt bad for him it wasn't fair what BigPip had done to him, ''You must have felt devastated.''

''Yeah, I was,'' Yoongi sighed, ''I didn't know what to do anymore. The money was gone, my music was gone, my only friend was gone.''

You could see that just by thinking back to these memories he was feeling the same emotions as the little boy all those years ago. Wanting nothing more than to comfort him you hugged him tighter and gave him a soft kiss on his shoulder to let him know you where there. He wasn't alone anymore like the little boy, but you were there with him. Yoongi looked at you surprised by the sudden soft kiss on his shoulder but his expression quickly changed to a soft but sad smile before continuing.

''I didn't have any other choice than to go back home, like a little puppy with his tail hanging between his trembling legs. I thought that I would never make it and should just forget about everything and start focussing on studying just like my parents wanted me to do. So that's what I did, I went back home and started studying.''

''Your parents must have been furious,'' You said in an empathetic voice and leaned your head on his shoulder.

''They were, I had never seen them as furious as the day I came home,'' Yoongi leaned his head against yours, ''Now that I was focussing on studying I got better grades, my parents were really happy but I wasn't. I had never felt so depressed in my life. My whole life I thought I was going to pursue a career in music and now that it got taken from I didn't know who I was anymore. I had lost myself and my parents didn't even notice.

''Yoongi...'' Even though it wasn't your story you felt his pain is emotions, not like with the soulmate bond, but because of empathy that you felt. Yoongi stayed quiet for a moment and you saw his eyes were starting to get a little watery.

''I think this has already been enough depressing storytelling for tonight before,'' Yoongi took a deep breath, ''This was supposed to be a happy evening and here I am telling a depressing story.''

''It's alright,'' You moved your head from his shoulder and he turned to face you, ''I'm glad that you trust me enough to share your story with me.''

''Of course,'' Yoongi smiles and wraps his arms around you in a tight embrace, ''You're my soulmate.''

This evening hadn't turned out like you thought it would, so much had happened not only had Yoongi met your friends but also he had shared a personal story with you. It felt as if you had gotten to know the real Yoongi tonight and felt closer to him than ever before. You never thought that you would ever say this but meeting him, your soulmate, was the best thing that had ever happened to you.

----

I'm finally settling into my new life schedule my life has gotten so much busier now that I work 32 hours a week. Now I finally seem able to get back into my regular writing schedule. So here's another chapter!

Because the chapter is a little heavier and about Yoongi's history I thought it would be nice to keep the theme in the Random Character fact:

When Haneul was a high school student her father got sick and wasn't able to work for a while. He also needed treatment in the hospital which cost a lot of money, what they didn't have. So Haneul took up a part-time job next to her studies to help support her family. Her father soon recovered and got a new job so Haneul could quit her job and focus on studying again.