Chapter 10

Closing the closet with a thud, I jumped back a little, startled by his voice.

''la hawla wala quwwata!!''

I kept on muttering, keeping my hand on my chest.

Rolling his eyes as usual he walked inside my room and just gave me a look.

''What? You scared me!!''

''Only a fool can get scared over such a small thing!''

''Yeah, standing only a feet away and shouting as if God knows what happened!''

''Told ya''

''Mr.Sayeed has got enough time today?'' I made an impressive face

''We have a meeting to attend''

Did he said? Asked? Or ordered?

''Hmm, what?'' I made a very confused face.

"I said We have a meeting to attend!!" He replied in a slightly irritated tone, which didn't stopped me from scowling at him.

"And would you like to give some more details?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why are you so thick headed?"

"Excuse Me? Really? You just walk into my room and just casually said "that we have a meeting to attend" but in all of this you forgot to mention that what meeting demands both of us and moreover you are willing to take me along with you?" I glared at him to which he replied with an equal intense glare.

Clenching his teeth he replied, "Shezan's teacher has called us today, she want's to speak to us and wants both of us together over there"

"See, this wasn't that difficult? Was it?" I just pointed out the fact.

"Laiba....."

"Yes? I'm listening!"

"Be ready by eleven!" With that he was out of the room.

Glancing at the wall clock, I couldn't help but curse. It was only ten minutes left to eleven. Picking out a floral tunic and wearing it quickly, I rushed towards my dresser, made a low bun, wrapped my hijab, took my sling purse, wore my sneakers and rushed out.

Opening the door of passenger side, I slid in when he commented "Wao, that was quiet impressive!" I wanted to reply him back but instead I slammed the door shut, hard!

"That was just unnecessary!!"

"Well, Thank You!" I said batting my eyelashes. Rolling my eyes, I looked out of the window as he drove the car.

It's been almost fifteen days since he walked inside my room and had seen me with "our picture album". No questions were asked, no answers were given, absolutely nothing was exchanged between us.

I didn't stopped doing my duties, I didn't stopped mentioning his name in Salah, I didn't stopped praying to melt his heart and he accepts me, all I did stopped, is showing him. I stopped showing my emotions, I stopped showing him that his behaviour towards me affects me, I stopped begging him. Now, the only talks that are exchanged are, all regarding Shezan and anything necessary regarding to house.

I don't know if he had noticed this difference, but, this is what he has always wanted since day one and this is what all I'll be giving him.

"Why do you think his teacher have called us?" It took me a moment to realize that he was actually talking to me, more precisely he was actually asking my opinion!

"Even I was thinking the same thing." I replied.

"Strange" he shrugged

"Have you noticed some change in Shezan?" I asked