Chapter 9

ADITI

After talking one thing was clear to me that these people belonged to highly financially stable families and had high standards of living unlike me. However they were too good to me.They never made me feel that I was a misfit to their group. Destiny is so unpredictable,who would have imagined that a new girl on scholarship based admission would make friends with the most popular group of people on the first day. 

I heard rumours regarding me befriending 'Kabir and group'. Yeah they were all referred to that. People talked how I was desperate to befriend the rich guys of the college and all negative stuff about my character. At times Rohan and others would shut people's mouth, but people are people and their work is to back bitch ! However, in a week or two the rumours were stopped and people had gotten over the obsession of the 'befriending' topic and things seem to be back to normal. Everyone had accepted that now I was one among them.

Things have been great and because Kabir was out of station for a week .He left the next day I met him officially. I was curious to know where he went but my conscience refused to ask anyone about his whereabouts.

"Don't worry I am always there with you!You are never alone,just remember!" I see the same grey eyes staring at me intently. "Hold my hand coffee !" His says in a deep and sexy voice.

"Are you sure?" I hear my own voice. My heart beats increases. I feel like I am set on fire, its way to hot around me. " Go on Aditi!!" I see Aisha and the rest to them standing at some distance. They start to cheer and clap. " I" His soft voice plays extremely close to my ear.

"I love.......Rock- abye baby ......" He was saying something when Clean Bandit's Rock-abye starts to play around me.

Frantically I open my eyes and sit straight .I am sweating profusely. "Shit!" I just can't believe myself. I switch off my alarm with Rock abye song and lie back again on my bed. I cover my face with my hands and have a grin on my face. I will admit it to myself I can't get my mind off him and I do not know the reason.Not that I have a crush on him or something? No right? Great now,I am talking to myself.

I shake my head and get void of any thoughts of charisma or anything near to it. I wonder why I feel like this about Kabir it's never happened with me before.

Well why do I think about him? He must have many girls after him and have many girlfriends too. No wonder about that cause I haven't missed watching Tia running here and there in search of Kabir wonder how she thinks that wearing so revealing dresses and high heels will get her Kabir? Well maybe, if he likes such girls! If that's the thing then why would he even make an effort looking at me? I am going crazy; why am I even thinking about such stuff. I don't even know him. He might be bad like all the rest of the boys, of course excluding Rohan and Shamsher,but somewhere deep inside I feel that he isn't bad because he helped me with the goons even when he knew it was me.

Presently we three which includes me, Aisha and Manik are sitting in the cafe. The two are talking about some movie they are planning to watch in the coming week.

"Kabir loves his parents a lot ,right?" I blabber out. They both go silent at my question.

Looking at each other's face they get slight disturbed. "Few things are not our part to say Aditi."Manik says with seriousness in his tone. It's for the first time I have seen Manik so serious. I am sure there is something weird about Kabir and his parents' relation.

I want to ask more but I decide against it. I look at Aisha and she gives me a short smile then I look at the coffee before me.

"Hey guys see who is back!" It's Rohan who speaks from behind me.As I turn back I see Rohan and Kabir standing. They walk towards the table. I turn and see the empty chair across me. Kabir comes and sit on the very same chair I have been staring at. 

I noticed him looking at me while walking up to the chair. Manik almost jumps on him and hugs him. "So how was the business trip dude?" Aisha asks him. 

" Tiring as usual" He replies looking at Aisha for an instant and then at me .Our eyes lock for a second and then his gaze shifts to my coffee. Priya walks to the table and says 'hey' to everyone and asks about Kabir's retun. The conversation goes on the table and everyone seems engrossed about the upcoming movie,whereas Kabir and I don't say a word neither show any interest in the conversation.He keeps on looking at me and we look at each other.

I am holding my coffee cup resting on the table and he has his elbows resting on the table.At times I look at the coffee and then back to him.For an instace the dream for the morning plays in my mind and I wonder how will he look if he actually says me the words from my dream.

I look at my coffee and have a stupid smile on my face.Itry hard to cover it up and I guess I have managed to do it.The moment I look up I see him searching something on my face I don't know exactly what? Me being me, I give him a hearty smile. The kind of smile I had when I woke up. Dumb! I must be looking like a love struck teen. He smiled, his teeth being visible. Even I smile seeing him. His smile was so bright and contagious. 

"You guys find it nice that the hero dies at the end?" Manik speaks up and grabs our attention. "AAHH!" I definitely have a confused look on my face and the rest of the people stop talking. "You were in the conversation ?right?"Priya questions looking at me then Kabir and back to me.

"I...I was..."Kabir stammers but could not come up with something quick and Rohan speaks up, "Come on guys I'll show you my new car!" "That's great lets go..."Priya suggests.

I keep fixed at my seat wondering what Kabir would have told if he was to speak the truth. "You guys are coming . Right?" Aisha says with a chuckle. " Of course!" Kabir speaks and gets up to follow Manik out of the cafe.

Aisha holds my hand and nearly drags me out to the parking.While walking at the far end from others I notice her glancing at me from time to time and smiling and when I look at her with my eye brows raised she would just smile and shake her head. We reach the parking area and I see a black jaguar. 

" I want to drive!" Manikpleds like a five year old kid. Rohan nods and forward the key to Manik.BeforeManik could grab the key Rohan throws it to Kabir and Manik frowns.

"Not happening guys we have grown up you can't do that to me now!"Manik vines.

The two boys laugh and run around throwing key here and there so that Manikcan not get it.Priya is on a call aside and its just me and Aisha standing taking support of another car at some distance. 

I am sure the three boys are haveing a lot of fun. " Kabir is happy." Aisha grabs my attention. "yeah!" I nod and look at Kabir. " Aditi!"

I look at Aisha. Her facial expression says that she is serious. " Kabir has had a bad childhood. It's not my place to tell you .He might be happy on the outer but he needs someone support, somebody's help." She looks at Kabir and sighs .

Looking back at me she gives a short smile and says "You are at power with him. Got anger issues I see!!"I just smile and we look again at the boys who now are laughing and Manik finally has the key.

"So perfect for each other" Aisha whispers.

"You said something?"I ask her to confirm if was saying it to me.

"Uh...NO!"She quickly says .I nod and the boys gesture us to come to the new car.

"I will sit in the passenger seat" Aisha declares and before anyone could object she gets into the desired seat. " But we four won't fit in the back seat" Priya says a valid point.