Part 8: Along Came Eleanor

Namjoon tries to go back to sleep after Eleanor leaves but he has this need to work on his music. He gets dressed and goes out to find something to eat first. He's starving. He doesn't quite remember when was the last time he ate and that's unlike Namjoon. After a quick online search he heads to a restaurant nearby. The place is a small, family-owned restaurant but it has a very cozy vibe and the food smells amazing.

I wish Eleanor was here.

Namjoon is aware it's been 0.5 seconds since he last saw her but he misses her. He misses her laugh, her snarky comments, her perfume, the feel of her bare skin, the way she makes him feel like nothing else matters.

[Earth to Namjoon!!]

He sighs and looks down at his phone, it's Hobi.

Hobi: Where is it? You  said you were going to email it yesterday?

Namjoon: Sorry, I was busy. Give me a second

Hobi: Busy with what?

Oh you don't want to know 

Namjoon: Sent! I'm also sending another song I'm working on. I'm thinking outro.

Hobi: Nice!!

Hobi: I'm glad you're back from your creative black hole.

Namjoon: It feels good to be back

Hobi: I'm guessing everything out with this girl? If she like your muse now?

Namjoon: Yes, I guess so

Hobi: Yes, that's it? No details?

Hobi: Hello?

Hobi: You're gonna ignore me like that? Seriously?

Namjoon smiles at the texts and shakes his head. He doesn't like to talk about his relationships and he already told Jin and Yoongi way too much. It's not that he doesn't trust the guys but they always want to know too much and it's been awhile since his last relationship so they'll be all over him. Then he'll have to introduce her to them and talk to Bang PD and...

His food arrives and he pushes those worries away.

.........................................................................................................................................................

Namjoon gets home a couple of minutes before Eleanor. He is laying on the sleeping mat but sits ups when he hears the door opening. A huge smile creeps on his face as soon as he sees her walk in.

Eleanor takes off her hat first, then her coat and puts them on the coat hanger by the door. She pulls her hair up in a bun, takes off her shoes, and walks over to Namjoon.

"Hey baby, how was work?" He asks patting the space next to him on the mat.

"Tough, the kiddos had too much energy today and I had none. And now I have a headache." She says crawling next him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm sorry" He gives her a peck on the lips and they lay down.

"I just need a nap." She rests her head on his chest. "What did you do today?"

"Nothing much. I went out to eat and then caught up with some work stuff. I rented a bike and went to the park. Then read a little bit and on my way back I saw a really cool exhibition, it just opened so we should go there together. I worked on some songs and now I'm listening to this track Hobi send me."

"That sounds like a lot to me."

"Ehh I was inspired I guess." In other words he had to stay busy to keep you out of his head.

"Can I listen to it?" Eleanor looks at him doe-eyed. Hoseok would kill him for that but how can he say no to her? Namjoon grabs his laptop and plays the track from the beginning.

"Oh I like it, catchy."

Namjoon watches as Eleanor moves her head to the beat of the music, smiling. He grabs his phone and takes a picture.

"What are you doing?"

"You look so pretty." He says making her smile grow even wider.

"Stop saying that or I may end up believing it."

"I can't help myself." He says pulling Eleanor toward him and kissing her.

"You need to practice some self-control." She says breaking off the kiss and standing up.

"Can I start tomorrow?...Where are you going?" He pouts.

"I'm going to change out of this turtleneck, it's shocking me and not in a sexy way." Eleanor giggles and disappears into the bedroom.

Namjoon never had any vices, unless you count working or reading. He can't put down a really good book until he finishes it and that is exactly how he feels with Eleanor, she's a book he can't help but devour every page of. Except he has no intention of finishing this any time soon.

"Aren't you going help me?" Eleanor yells.

"I thought you never ask." Namjoon smiles and runs toward the bedroom.

She is taking off her earrings and setting them on the bedside table, her back to the door. Namjoon hugs her from behind and takes off her sweater, Eleanor tries to turn around but he stops her.

"Not yet." He whispers in her ear.

He caresses her body with his hands while kissing her neck. His hand makes its way down her jeans, Namjoon smiles; she is as weak for him as he is for her. He starts slow, going at the rhythm of her breath until she's gasping for air. Eleanor has completely given in, grasping the sides of the table for support.

"Namjoon" she says in between moans. Why does his name sound better when she says it?

Namjoon can barely hold himself, this desire to have her clouds his every sense. He finally turns her around and Eleanor pushes him onto the bed. Did you know the lips have over one million nerve endings? Namjoon is convinced Eleanor has been the only one to hit all of those nerves at once with just one kiss.

.............................................................................................................................................................

They order pizza for dinner but Eleanor falls asleep before it arrives. She looks so angelic, her head on his chest and her arm wrapped around him. Namjoon goes back to staring at the ceiling thinking about how he has to go back to Seoul sooner than later and how much he'll miss having her next to him like this. They won't even see each other that much and if he goes on tour...will Eleanor agree to a relationship like that?

That's always been the issue, his career has been more important than any relationship. That's the life he chose though so he wouldn't have any other way except this doesn't feel like any other relationship. He'd runaway with Eleanor if she asked him to.

Someone's knocking on the door. Must be the pizza. Namjoon gives Eleanor's shoulder a little shake.

"Pizza is here." He whispers, kissing the top of her head. She nods without opening her eyes and rolls to her side. Namjoon jumps out of bed and runs to the door while putting his shirt on. He pays the pizza deliver guy and goes back to the bedroom to wake up Eleanor again.

Another knock on the door, did the pizza guy forget something?

He opens the door to find a skinny short guy, short to Namjoon anyway, holding a cake with one hand and a small canvas on the other.

"Who are you?" Namjoon asks although he's afraid he already knows the answer.

"Where's Eleanor?"

"I asked first," Namjoon says clenching his jaw and crossing his arms before him. The guy cocks his head to the side to look past Namjoon. He looks behind him to find a sleepy Eleanor staring at both of them.

"Chris?"