Ch. 13

Humans have been one of the strongest creatures that exist to this day.

They have invented tools and items to help them survive and grow. People have been living like this for generations. They have built multiple things to help prosper, they have traveled to what was almost impossible, and discovered many new things. They conquered the land, the sea, and life.

But they haven't conquered death.

For years people have been dying to diseases or old age. People die every day, every second.

That was just life.
____________________________________________________________
Everything was silent.

Everything was quiet.

Even the most loud and obnoxious person in the class wasn't boasting about how he was better than everyone else in the class like usual.

Everything was empty.

It was just like a void; nothing mattered anymore.

"Alright, I'll take attendance now." Mr. Aizawa called out, interrupting the silence as everyone turned to face him. The teacher started calling names as others were raising their hands, or saying they were here or present. A couple people started to whisper to each other, creating noise in the classroom that sparked other people to start chattering again and talk like usual, starting to cluster in small groups and talking about their grades or things they did over the weekend. The only people who stayed quiet were Todoroki and Bakugou.

Nobody even knew before why they were silent in the first place. They started laughing and talking to each other about funny things they saw on the internet. Then, all but one person were talking.

Nobody else cared.

Nobody else tried to know.

"Midoriya Izuku?" Mr. Aizawa called for attendance. Everyone had stopped talking at the exact moment he said that name. Bakugou looked up from his trance. His eyes were wide and started to form small tears inside of them. He took his feet off the desk and shoved his face in his arms to pretend like he was bored and didn't care. In reality, he was crying. Desperate for a way to get his loved one back.

He could feel peoples stares burning into his back.

Everyone was watching him.

But all he could feel was his pain.

All he could feel was the fake happiness he had.

His lies to himself that Midoriya was okay.

But the truths burning inside his head that told him he needed to do something.

He felt like something was wrong.

Something.

The blonde got up out of his seat and ran over to the door, slamming it behind him and running down the stairs. He heard his teacher scream his name after him, but he couldn't stop. His feet were taking him somewhere else.

Somewhere he had been before.

Somewhere he had been recently.

His feet kept running as he wiped the falling tears off his face, the world still turning blurry every time new tears formed. He didn't want to go back. He didn't want to feel the same pain he did the first time he saw him.

But he needed to.

He needed to know if he was okay.

He N E E D E D to K N O W if the person he desperately loved was alive.