Chapter 49: Lost And Found

Song Quote: Polar Opposites
"Polar opposites don't push away
It's the same on the weekends as the rest of the days And I know I should go but I'll probably stay And that's all you can do about some things I'm trying to drink away the part of the day That I cannot sleep away"
~~~

Your Pov:
Bright neon lights shined through the van's windows. The city was alive and bustling as always.

The nightlife always draws you back to Ninjago City no matter how far you go. At this hour people are usually home relaxing or asleep, but you and Echo are wide awake.

This is because he's a nindroid and your sleeping schedule hasn't exactly been the greatest...

Echo had his hands pressed up against the glass as you drove through the city. His eyes looking around in bewilderment from all of the colorful lights. He's never seen this many people all in one place.

Pulling up to the entrance of Borg tower you stuck your head out the window to get a better look.

Maybe you are a workaholic, but no one tops Cyrus. From where you were on the ground, you could see blue sparks light up the large windows on the top floor.

Shaking your head, you drove to the secret garage to park. You got out of the van as the garage doors closed and headed in. Echo scampered after you, trying to keep up but his new legs still gave him trouble.

You didn't stop until you heard the copper nindroid trip behind you. He landed face first on the hard floor, letting out a soft ow after the initial impact.

Turning around you held out a hand to help him up. "Come along Echo" you smiled as he stared at your hand confused.

It took him a moment to process the gesture before grabbing your hand. His copper eyes softened as he stared at your intertwined hands. "Thank you..." Echo muttered quietly as you led the way to the elevator.

He was quiet the entire elevator ride up. Echo's hand held onto yours as he silently beamed with joy.

Moments later the doors opened up when you reached your destination. 

"Who could be visiting at this hour?" Cyrus yawned as he turned away from the main computer. He looked in your direction, perking up at your sudden appearance.

"Welcome back to Borg towers (Y/n)" Pixal greeted with a small polite bow.

Cyrus let out an audible gasp, his attention focused on the nindroid at your side. "Zane!? Is that really you?" The genius asked as his voice grew raspy from emotion.

Echo shrugged back, confused by Cyrus's reaction, so you took the lead. "His name is Echo and he's actually Zane's brother" you introduced and turned to the nindroid. "And Echo, these two are my friends Cyrus and Pixal."

His copper eyes brightened up a bit as he stepped forward. Echo held one of his hands out to shake theirs. "Anyone that's Miss (Y/n)'s friend, is a friend of mine!" He smiled brightly as Cyrus shook his copper hand.

"Likewise Echo" Cyrus returned the gesture and looked at both of you. "May I ask why the sudden visit? Not that you're any trouble (Y/n), but is there anything you need?"

"I wanted to check up on you" You smirked at his flustered face and continued. "I also came back to the city to restock my van before we head to Sensei Garmadon's Monastery."

"Where were you? Garmadon's been calling asking where were you after you didn't show up there last weekend" Cyrus inquired. 

With such a simple question your heart dropped. "Oh no..." You froze in place and pulled your phone out of your bag. Sure enough there were missed calls from your sensei.