Chapter 44

A/N: Kind of sort of what Khloe's wearing up above. ^^^

Khloe's POV:

My heart must have been going a mile a minute in my chest.

Actually, it felt like I could feel it all over my body.

I had actually finished what I needed to do a little faster than I initially thought.

As soon as Nico left I hopped straight into the shower, cleaning myself off and shaving any part of my body that I thought would be necessary.

After I dried myself off and blew out my hair, I spent a good five minutes just looking at myself, debating.

I had gotten some makeup since the time I've been here, but I've never really used it for anything more than just playing around.

After some very long debating, I figured I should just go with just a bit of lipgloss.

I then changed into the thing that I was currently wearing.

I wasn't... quite sure what Nico would like or prefer, so I just settled with some basics.

And by the basics, I mean whatever kind of lingerie I could get my hands on without it seeming suspicious and without Nico knowing.

Which I guess was fine. The black satin set of bra and underwear felt comfortable against my skin.

Not wanting to just be sitting in that, I also got myself a long lace robe-ish type thing.

It was sheer, but... it worked... I think.

I hoped.

In all honesty, I was winging this whole thing and just hoping for the best.

Hoping that he would like me like this.

That's the main reason why this nervous pain in my stomach wouldn't go away.

Yet then here I sat, on my knees at the middle of the edge of Nico's bed, waiting for him to return.

I was dedicated to go through with this.

I wanted to go through with this.

Nerves like this were normal right?

I sucked in a long breath, trying to relax.

During my exhale, I turned towards the clock.

Something told me that Nico would be back on the dot.

No earlier nor later than the 45 minutes he so graciously gave me.

Twisting my ring around my finger with my thumb, I looked back towards the door.

Give or take, that was about one minute more.

Which both excited me, and made me second guess everything I had done up to this point.

Should I have curled my hair or something?

Maybe I should have actually gone with the mascara...

Do these clothes even look good?

Is it too late to change?

As soon as that question passed my mind, a sound coming from the door answered it for me.

Yes. It was definitely too late.

I unintentionally held my breath as I heard the lock to the door click, my setting my hands down near my knees.

My heart somehow raced even faster as the door opened and Nico stepped in, rubbing the back of his neck. Something he did whenever he got done with something he didn't enjoy doing.