she carries you to bed

Hailee was surprised when she came home to find the house dark and quiet. It was two am, but part of her had hoped you would still be awake. She was about to go upstairs when she heard you lightly snoring on the couch behind her. She turned around, the street light from outside providing just enough light to where she could make out your face.

She smiled at the sight of you looking so relaxed. Things have been busy for the both of you lately and she knows you've been pretty overwhelmed. She knelt down on the floor in front of you, at first just simply brushing her fingers through your hair but then letting them travel to your cheeks where she softly stroked them with her thumbs before placing a soft kiss to both of them.

You didn't wake up though and so she knew you were in a deep sleep. So she picked you up in her arms, her hands traveling to the back of your thighs to hold you securely as she started to carry you upstairs. You made a few noises in your sleep before opening your eyes. "Hailee?" you said softly but she only shushed you, dropping a kiss to the crown of your head as she continued the descent to your shared bedroom.

"You can go back to sleep sweetheart." You mumbled something incoherent before closing your eyes again and Hailee simply chuckled. She gently laid you on your back on the mattress and pulled the blankets up to your chest, tucking you in and making sure you were nice and warm. She turned around only for you to grab her hand. "Yeah babe?" You opened your eyes, rubbing them tiredly. "Where are you going?" She smiled and kissed your forehead. "Just to the bathroom real quick baby. I'll be right back. I promise."

You sighed and closed your eyes again, draping your forearm over your eyes when the bathroom light flicked on before Hailee muttered an apology and closed the door. When she removed her makeup and brushed her teeth she came out and climbed into bed with you. She thought you'd fallen asleep so she jumped a little when you moved into her arms and rested your head on her shoulder. She giggled, pressing a kiss to your hair as you started to fall back asleep almost instantaneously. "Love you so much baby girl. Goodnight." She wrapped her arm around you and closed her eyes, relaxed and content with you sleeping soundly in her embrace.