01

Do not give out @'s or anything of the sort in my comments

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

The smell of vanilla filled the dim room as the familiar beat of  "Mo money Mo Problems" by the Notorious Biggie Smalls played in the background. No distractions and no sounds, just peace aside from the music  that filled the silence, the small tap that came from Armani's  paintbrush going into the water every once in a while, and the quiet mumble of lyrics that spewed from Armani's mouth. Paintings covered her walls along with posters and poems of the greats such as Aaliyah and Maya Angelou. She lightly but quickly stroked along her canvas enjoying the music that filled her ears, and the blunt she held between her lips.. Nothing brought her peace except for painting and sometimes a blunt. When she painted, she felt free.

The song now changes to one her favorite songs of the year titled "I Like That" by Janelle Monae. Everything in that moment was exactly right, and the way she wanted. She finished painting the last section of her masterpiece.

"Not too wet, but not too dry, perfect." She says to herself taking in every detail.She had worked on what she called Elysian for the past 4 months.

Her phone which she had laying on her bed had begun to ring, causing her what once music filled room to stop

Her phone which she had laying on her bed had begun to ring, causing her what once music filled room to stop. She grabbed it and looked at the named, it was her best friend Azariah.

"Hey girl where are you?" Spoke Azariah the minute she answered the phone.

"At home, where else would I be?" Said Armani in her heavy Baltimore accent.

She had moved from Baltimore 2 years ago when she had received a scholarship to Brooklyn College for Nursing with an associate degree in fine studio arts. She had her life planned out exactly the way she wanted from when she was 12 and witnessed her mother being killed by an officer for nothing. The event scarred her but she still had her father and they were extremely close, sometimes though, she did miss her mother and visited her grave often.

"Girl, I don't know, but I'm at the barbershop wit' Akeem, and he got me here with all these niggas, come save me." She said.

Armani smacked her teeth and bit her lip, something she did when she was thinking about something. "You know I hate comin to the barbershop, mothafuckas always staring and shit."