24

and when you laugh i swearthe storm inside me calms

the storm inside me calms

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

SETH

I run my fingers through my hair, after closing the bedroom door behind me, and sigh. Daisy finally fell asleep after almost an hour of talking to her.

Everyone from the party is gone and now there's only red cups littered everywhere.

I make it to the bottom of the stairs and head to the kitchen. I pause when I see Dustin with a garbage bag in his hands, picking up the trash littered everywhere.

He looks up at me, only to shake his head and go back to his previous actions.

Since I have nothing better to do, I grab another bag and start helping him.

We've never gotten into an argument that big, much less a full blown fist fight. I understand why he's upset. I'd feel the same way if the roles were switched, but come on, it's not that big of a deal.

It's not like I forced her to do anything she didn't wanna do.

"Are you gonna be mad at me forever?" I ask, keeping my facial expression neutral.

Dustin pauses, only to scoff and ignore me.

"Listen, it's not like I forced her to do anything. I understand why you're mad, but i'm not hurting her-"

"Can we not..." He cuts me off. "Talk about what you're doing to my little sister."

I shake my head. "Okay fine. But we are talking about the fight."

Dustin sighs and finally stops picking up trash to look at me. He leans against the counter and sends me a look. "Talk then."

"Look, i'm sorry for going behind your back when I knew you'd be angry, but i'm not sorry for doing it."

He rolls his eyes at my words. "Thank you, that makes me feel so much better." He crosses his arms over his chest. "Come on Seth, she's fucking sixteen. And you know how naive she is. She's so oblivious to all the bad shit going on in the world, especially with her condition. You and I both know she would've been just fine if you didn't push that onto her."

My jaw clenches and I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Maybe if you stopped treating her like a god damn child she wouldn't be so 'oblivious'. Daisy is old enough to make her own decisions, and as your best friend, you should trust me a lot more than you do right now."