1

HE’S MINE, NO OBJECTIONS ALLOWED CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1 – Chu Ying

Su Yi laid on the big sofa lazily, resting her long legs on the table as she scrolled unenthusiastically through Weibo comments.

[Slut, you’ll have retribution for scheming against my baby!!]

[Hope that your family will be ruined by an interloper and that you will die alone. /smile]”

[Scheming bitch, leave the entertainment industry!]

……

The Weibo post from two hours ago had since accumulated over six thousand replies, largely unkind.

Assistant An Xuan walked to her side and placed the fresh watermelon juice in front of her. “Yi-jie, why are you trawling through the comments again?”

Su Yi didn’t raise a brow, “How could I not look at fans’ comments?”

“…” An Xuan looked at her expression of indifference with respect. “I was afraid that you would be affected emotionally…”

Su Yi said, “They’re cursing the character, not me.”

These, over six thousand comments, were not directed at Su Yi, the actress. Instead they were explicitly aimed at the vile second female lead Yu Ji, from the trending imperial-harem show, the character she was playing

This galled An Xuan. “Yes, but it’s just a character in a TV show. How could they rant about it on your Weibo? Don’t they understand the nature of acting?”

Su Yi glanced at the new personal assistant of hers, who had only been around for almost three months, and said calmly, “Don’t take it seriously, just treat these comments as praise.”

“Praise?”

Su Yi said, “Yeah, their hatred reflects my acting prowess.”

“…” Hmm? That seemed to make sense.

Su Yi smiled silently. Picking up the glass of watermelon juice, she took a sip.

Su Yi was indeed an oddity of the entertainment industry. She might not be famous, but she was more well-known and recognized than certain A-list actresses. If you say that she’s famous – it wasn’t entirely true either, given that she had never acted as a female lead.

The first show she appeared in was a big banner production – from the directors to the actors, every single person was from the top of the entertainment industry’s food chain – except for Su Yi, the second female lead.

She played an innocent little white lotus turned villainous. For years after the episode in which her innocence was lost, her Weibo had been overwhelmed by haters. In the aftermath of that show, she gained notoriety overnight, overshadowing the show itself.

As an inexperienced rookie, she shouldn’t have been part of such a colossal production, yet the director Li Min resisted the objections and pushed on with her.

Li Min had taken just one look at her before rushing forward to pat her on the shoulder and tell her that she had to be the character.

Startled and confused, Su Yi had asked, “Why?”

Li Min smiled gently at her, “Your face leads people to easily believe you’re both evil and hateful.”

“……”

Su Yi wasn’t ugly. One could even argue that she was really pretty – thick eyelashes, slanted oval eyes that resembled sloe-eyed beauties, a small and high nose, lips that were full rather than big… It was tough trying to be ugly with such perfect features. She resembled the legendary ‘aggressive beauty’.