Chapter 9 - Stealing kisses

It's been two weeks since Zay and I shared our first kiss and I'm so glad I was confident to make it happen. It's nice to be around someone who is so light-hearted and fun, someone who makes me laugh and brings a smile to my face.

"Alright you two I'm going to get lunch, I'll be back soon." Mom yells as she makes her way out the door.

"You know what that means." Zay grins as he picks me up and places me on the workbench.

"Mmm, we have exactly fifteen minutes before she's back." I giggle and pull him by his shirt closer to me, pressing my lips to his.

Instantly he runs his hand down my thigh and then grabs the back of my hair pulling me closer as he deepens the kiss standing in between my legs.

Since our first kiss two weeks ago, this has become our new thing, stealing kisses at every chance we get. I'm almost thankful we don't have more alone time, because I know for sure our kissing would lead to so much more given the chance.

Moaning softly into his mouth as we continue to kiss, I place my hands under his shirt, feeling his perfect abs react to my touch. Pulling his lips away from me, he begins trailing kisses down my jaw and onto my neck.

I moan softly as my eyes close and my head falls back slightly.

A voice clears from behind us and I remove my hands from Zay, he also removing his hands from me. I open my eyes and come face to face with my Mom who has an amused look on her face.

"Chicken or ham?" She asks with a grin on her face.

"Really Mom? Chicken or Ham? that's all you're going to say?" I laugh embarrassed.

"Nothing I haven't done before." She shrugs. "Now chicken or ham?" She repeats.

"Chicken please." Zay and I say in unison.

Mom heads for the door but then turns once more. "And in case you forgot we have cameras in the shop, if you're trying to be discreet you might like to find a new make out place." She grins again and walks out the door.

"Well then." Zay scratches the back of his head, his cheeks a little flushed.

"I'm sorry." I giggle and slide myself down off the work bench. "I had no idea."

"Hey, no need to be sorry, I didn't say I regret it." He winks.

The rest of the afternoon goes by quickly and being Friday afternoon, we're closing early. Austin will be back at work next week and I won't really be needed. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my time, I've become so used to hanging out with Mom and Zay every day, it's been fun.

"What are you going to do with yourself for the rest of the holidays?" Mom asks as she joins me sitting down at the table.

"I was just thinking about that, I'm not sure." I admit

"I haven't seen Ellie or Mazie around much, are you not friends anymore?" She questions.

"No, we are it's just, they uh, they never liked Tyler much and I guess it pushed them away." I shrug.

"Well you're not with Tyler anymore, so call them and get back in touch." She suggests.

"I could." I nod "or I could just come in here and annoy you guys."

"Call your friends sweetheart." She encourages once more.

Once we lock up the shop, I exit the building with Zay.