Chapter 6

-

The golden palette of sunlight seeps into the small room and brushes over the small boy that sits cross-legged on his bed. Taehyung surrounds himself with many notes and books, trying to revise some of the things that he learnt in school so he can keep up with his work. 

Taehyung had woke up dark and early that day. He would say bright and early but when he awoke the sky was still a black canvas littered with fading stars. He woke up THAT early. 

He recalls the reasoning for his early awakening. 

"Then why are you stuttering?" He asks with a smirk. 

A rosy hue flushes across Taehyung's soft cheeks as he looks down in embarrassment. 

"I-I think I'm g-going to go s-sleep now," he splutters out nervously. 

"At 6:30?" Jungkook asks with a smug smile. 

Taehyung nods as he pushes himself under the covers, hiding his flushed face from the other boy's intense eyes.

He can hear a light chuckle from the ravenette as he watches him hide under the covers, causing him to squirm in embarrassment. He can't help but feel like a loser, acting this way in front of the all-mighty Jeon Jungkook. 

Taehyung bites into the toastie he made, ensuring not to drop any crumbs on his neatly made bed. He had decided to go make some breakfast when Jungkook went to go shower and he unsurely made the decision to make Jungkook breakfast...again. 

Taehyung hopes Jungkook doesn't find his act of kindness weird because that would be another trait to the long list of bad qualities he has. It would probably be right under 'being gay'. 

Despite his worries, Taehyung had placed the ham and cheese toastie on Jungkook's bedside table and then trudged over to his own bed to start studying. 

The boy is so engrossed in his books that one major problem just flew right over his head. 

He is still in the room. As in, he's going to see a live reaction of Jungkook finding the meal. This fact doesn't seem to sink into the boy's head until he hears the bathroom door open and Jungkook step out in his half-naked glory. 

He shyly peeks up from his glasses to see Jungkook rubbing a towel over his firm abs while staring confusedly at the contents on his bedside table. Taehyung follows the boy's gaze only to freeze momentarily as he realises his mistake. 

 I'm is probably going to get beat up now.

He doesn't even notice Jungkook's rippling back muscles as he walks over to the plate of food and picks it up, inspecting it. Taehyung gulps before picking up a large book and pretending to read it, hoping that Jungkook just ignores the fact that Taehyung just made him breakfast, 2-days-in a row. 

Oh god, what if he thinks I like him! Taehyung shivers in fear at his own thoughts. He would kill me.

"Hmm, Bambi-eyes, what have you made for me this morning, huh?" 

Taehyung drops his book in shock upon hearing the ravenette's teasing tone and that...that nickname. 

Taehyung nervously nibbles on his lips, shyly looking down as he answers, "t-toastie."

Jungkook hums in acknowledgement before grabbing the toastie and taking a decent-sized bite. 

Taehyung stares at him with anticipation, attempting to look as nonchalant as possible but failing miserably.